Урок викторина по теме: « London. Sightseeing. Quiz.”
Цели урока :
Обучающая — закрепление материала по теме
Развивающая — развитие речевых навыков и познавательных способностей
Воспитательная — любовь к родному краю, толерантное отношение к чужой культуре.
1) Таблица по теме : «Лондон»
2) Раздаточный материал : тест: «London Quiz»
1. Организационный момент
Good morning , my friends! We have spoken much about places of interest of London. Today we will have the London sightseeing, quiz. You should be very attentive today and each team will get a point for the correct answer. Let's start our lesson.
2. Фонетическая зарядка
The tower of London
St. Paul's Cathedral
Sir Christopher Wren
The National Gallery
The National Portrait Gallery
The British Museum
3. Boys and girls! Look here. This is the motto of our lesson.
The more you live, The more you see,
The more you travel, The more you see,
The more you travel, The more you learn.
4. Before planning traveling we must know as much information as possible. Today, the pupils of our class prepare some information about London's places of interest.
1) The history of London
2) The heart of London
3) Big Ben
4) The Trafalgar Square
5) The British Museum
6) The Buckingham Palace
7) Westminster Abbey.
5. Now let's begin our quiz
You should be attentive, read the questions and your task is to answer them. Each team will get a point for the correct answer:
1) What is the biggest city in Britain?
2) How many people live in London?
3) What is the oldest part of London?
4) What is the political centre of London?
5) What language do the people in Britain speak?
6) How many people live in Britain?
7) What are the parts of Great Britain?
8) Where does the British Prime Minister live?
9) What river does London stand on?
10) How many bridges are there over the Thames in London?
6. Some pupils prepare poems and dialoges about London. Let's listen to them.
7. Today we have learnt a lot
We talked and listened abut London – the treasure of Great Britain. You have done a lot of exercises, tests. You worked hard. We are satisfied with your activity and your results. The lesson is over.