The Olympic games
1. Fill in the gaps in the sentences. Write no more than one word: background, flag, athletes, controversy, torch, ceremony, showcase, medal
1. Today summer games …over 200 countries
2. The games were originally chance for amateur … and professionals were banned from competing
3. Every competitions are awarded a …
4. These awards are presented in …directly following the conclusion of each event
5. The games are represented by the Olympic rings a series of five multi-colored interlocking rings on a white …
6. The Olympic …relay has been run since 1936
7. To open the games the host country`s …is raised in rendition
8.As the games are huge international event, they are not without …
2. Is it true or false
1. Professional athletes began to compete in most sports in 1970
2. The first Paralympic games were held in 1959
3. The medal format was introduced in 1904
4. Each ring represents one of the 5 countries
5. The games` opening and closing ceremonies are great event complete with establish rituals
6.Various Olympics have been boycotted by certain countries usually for politically motivated reasons
3. Answer the questions
1. What do the five rings on the Olympic flag mean?
2. When was it originally designed?
3. What colors are the rings?
4. The winner stands on three-tiered podium, doesn`t he?
5.How often are Olympic games held?
6.Where did the Olympic games originate?
7.What is important icon of the Olympic games?
Showcase -демонстрировать, показывать
Amateur –любитель, непрофессионал
Ring - кольцо
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|