2. Arriving at a hotel.
- Here we are. You’d better check in with the desk clerk.
- Good evening. My name is Daniela Ponti. I’ve made a reservation.
- Just one moment, madam. I’ll check. Yes, Miss Ponti. A single room with the bath. For two weeks.
- Yes, that’s right. Is breakfast included in the price?
- Yes, it is. You can have either English or continental breakfast.
- Oh, I’d like the continental breakfast, please. And could I be called at half past seven?
- Certainly, madam. Would you fill in this registration form, please? A hotel has to have a record of your name and address and your nationality and passport number.
- Why don’t you ask about a room, John while I’m filling in this registration form?
- Can I help you, sir?
- I’d like a room, please.
- Yes, sir. Have you booked?
- No, I’m afraid not. How much is a single room?
- A single room with bath is 30 pounds a night, sir. That includes breakfast, of course. A room without a bath is 27 pounds a night.
- I see. This is quite a busy road. Do you have a quiet room away from the traffic?
- Let me see. We have a room on the 5th floor at the back. That would be very quiet, sir. Oh, we have a rather more expensive room on the 1st floor with the private bath and shower, a personal bar and TV for 40 pounds a night.
- OK. I prefer room on the 5th floor, please. There is an elevator I hope.
- Yes, sir. Your name, sir.
- John Williams.
- Thank you, Mr. Williams. How long will you be staying?
- Fifteen nights, I think.
- Right, Mr. Williams. That’s single room with a bath for 15 nights at 30 pounds a night. Could you fill in a registration form, please?
- Here is my form.
- Thank you, Miss Ponti. And here is your key. The room number is 361. That’s on the 3d floor. The lift is over there and the porter will take your luggage up.
- Thank you. Are you ready, John?
- Just a second. Can I have the key? Here is my form.
- Certainly. Here you are. Number 503. 5th floor. Do you want breakfast?
- Yes, please. English breakfast, please. And can you call me at 8 o’clock?
- Of course. Enjoy your staying.
Booking a room in a hotel.
Park Court Hotel. Can I help you?
Yes. Can you tell me how much single room with bath costs per night?
Yes, madam. A single room with bath, breakfast included costs 30 pounds a night. It’s 27 pounds a night without a bath.
Good. Have you got any rooms available at the end of May?
Yes, we have. How long would you like to stay?
I’d like to stay for 2 weeks, from the 28th of May to the 10th of June, please.
Fine. A single room with bath?
And the name, please?
Daniela Ponti. That’s D-A-N-I-E-L-A P-O-N-T-I.
Let me see. We have a room on the 3d floor, number 361.
That sounds fine. I’ll take it, please.
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: