Review of reported speech
1.Turn the sentences into Reported Speech (преобразовать в косвенную речь).
She says: “Ann will learn the poem by heart.”
She said: “I go in for sport twice a week .”
He said: “I have seen this film .”
Mary said: “I bought this dress last month .”
She said: “They will arrive in the city tomorrow .”
“Is it raining?” – I asked him.
“How did you do that?” – he asked her.
“Eat more fruit and vegetables’, the doctor said.
“Can you meet me tomorrow?”- he asked me.
Jane said, “I don’t remember his address.”
2. Choose the correct variant in reported speech (выберите правильный вариант).
1. "I'm waiting for my friends," Mike said. - Mike said that he … for … friends.
A) is waiting, my
B) was waiting, his
C) was waiting, my
2. "I will come tomorrow and finish the work," the boy said to master. - The boy promised master that he … the next day and … the work.
A) would come, finish
B) will come, finish
C) would come, will finish
3. "Don't make so much noise!" the mum said to Ann. - The mum asked … so much noise.
A) Ann to not make
B) Ann not to make
C) to Ann not to make
4. "Do you know where they are living?" Jane asked me. - Jane asked me if I … where … .
A) knew, were they living
B) knew, they were living
C) know, they are living
5. "Why didn't you say that to me?" she asked her friend. - She asked him why … that to her.
A) he didn't say
B) hadn't he said
C) he hadn't said
6. "I promise I'll write to you as soon as I arrive, Helen," said Bob. - Bob promised Helen that he … to her as soon as he … .
A) will write, arrives
B) would write, arrives
C) would write, arrived