Тексты 1 – 6 относятся к различным рубрикам. Установите соответствие каждого текста рубрикам из списка A – G и занесите верный вариант в таблицу. Каждая рубрика соответствует лишь одному тексту, одна из них - лишняя.
A. ARTICLE ON HIGHER EDUCATION
C. INFORMAL LETTER TO A TEENAGE MAGAZINE
F. FILM BLURB
G. ADVERTISEMENT FOR A CELLULAR PHONE
1. Hi, CLICK,
We are two friends, Dario and Michele. We sit together at school. We are eleven years old. We live in a village near Florence. …
2. Join us for the trip of a lifetime, cycling 400 km across this most beautiful of Caribbean islands. Enjoy the lush, tropical landscapes, soft, sandy beaches, fine architecture and warm, friendly welcome of Cuba.
3. The Man in the Iron Mask. Leonardo Di Caprio takes on the dual role of the evil Louis XIV and his kind twin brother in this Hollywood adaptation of the Dumas classic. With Gepardieu, John Malkovich and Jeremy Irons as the three musketeers, this should be a belter. Sadly, it isn’t.
4. We are looking for new staff to join our friendly dedicated team and have a variety of posts available. You should have good communication skills, great personality and a strong will.
5. The new Motorola has a built-in digital camera, Multi-media messaging, quality ringtones and downloadable games. Play more, say more and explore the world with Motorola.
6. The world is changing around us. To stay ahead we need to keep learning. In many cases our careers depend on it. The Open University has become a leading provider of learning for people who need to develop their careers.
Выберите правильный вариант ответа и подчеркните его.
You should get _________ most of your studies.
the b) a c) __
He never goes to museums, _______?
does not he b) does he c) did not he
He grew up in New England, ______?
don’t you b) didn’t he c) doesn’t he
He is _______ to be a great man.
said b) say c) says
I’ve heard about the film but I ______ it yet.
don’t see b) didn’t see c) haven’t seen
He has been working _______ 5 o’clock.
since b) for c) __
This train doesn’t go to London. You ______ to change at Bristol.
can b) have c) must
The first time I _______ London was in 1995.
visited b) have visited c) visit
Three foreign languages ______ at our school.
teach b) are teaching c) are taught
Stop _________, please.
speaking b) saying c) talking
Прочитайте отрывок из статьи «MAMMA MIA! Musical Hits von ABBA». В вопросах 1-6 обведите ответ a), b), c), который вы считаете наиболее верным.
… Kathy, the musical star is one of the youngest members of the cast of MAMMA MIA!, the ABBA musical that has been running in Hamburg since November 2002. Together with around 40 singers, she goes on stage eight times a week and enraptures the audience with ABBA’s immortal hits. The restless young singer with the long red hair plays the part of 21-year-old Sophie, who lives on a Greek island with her mother Donna and wants to find out who her real father is before she marries.
After huge successes in London, Toronto, Melbourne, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco “MAMMA MIA!” is now being performed at the Hamburg Operetta House – the first non-English production. The curtain goes up almost every day to allow the audience to enjoy hits like “Take a Chance on Me”. The positive feel to the music soon has the audience singing along, and the show finishes with standing ovations every night.
Kathy is thrilled to be a musical star. Every evening she and the rest of the cast sing and dance in front of a different audience. The people who come to watch the musical expect to be entertained.
Before Kathy got a part in “MAMMA MIA!”, she trained as a musical performer. At the age of 14 she started singing lessons. She took [art in amateur dramatics, sang with school bands and danced on stage. “The fascinating thing about musicals is that they are a combination of singing, dancing and acting”, she explains. The training she did was tough, but she covered all “stage disciplines”. To conclude her studies, Kathy had to take a one-hour exam.
The way this musical came about is rather unusual. Normally, here is a story first and then the music is composed and songs written to accompany the plot. In the case of “MAMMA MIA!” it is the other way round. The songs were already successes before it dawned on anyone to make a musical. Even Bjorn Ulvaeus, composer of almost all ABBA’s hits, was thrilled to discover he had written the music for a musical he “didn’t know existed”.
1. Together with around 40 other singers she …
a) sings popular ABBA’s songs.
b) dances and sings.
c) goes on stage eight times a week.
2. … has the audience singing along.
a) The positive feel to the music…
b) The interesting plot of the musical…
c) The perfect play of singers…
3. Kathy is thrilled …
a) to sing popular songs.
b) to be a musical star.
c) to go out on the stage.
4. Before Kathy got a part in “MAMMA MIA!”, she …
a) worked as a nurse.
b) trained as a musical performer.
c) studied at school.
5. The fascinating thing about musicals is that …
a) they are a combination of singing and acting.
b) they are a combination of singing and playing.
c) they are a combination of singing, dancing and acting.
6. The way this musical came about is …
a) rather normal.
b) rather unusual.
c) rather interesting.
Задание 1. E. HEALTH =extra