Past Simple or Present Perfect.
Упражнение 1. Fill in last night, ever, ago, just, yet, always in the right place.
1. Nick’s uncle went to Russia 3 years.
2. Mr. Rambler has come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has wanted to visit Belarus.
4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan.
5. They haven’t visited this old castle.
6. Have you been to England?
Упражнение 2. Choose the correct option.
She has /‘s had a moped since she was 15.
We took /‘ve taken a taxi to town that morning.
We played /'ve played volleyball last night I'm really hungry.
I didn’t eat / haven’t eaten since last night.
They visited/ ‘ve visited Colorado last summer.
Упражнение 3. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. Maria (get) ______ some bad news last week. She (be) ______ sad since she (get) ______ the bad news.
2. I (start) ______ school when I was five years old. I (be) ______ at school since I (be) ______ five years old.
3. I (change) ______ my job three times this year.
4. I (change) ______ my job three times last year.
5. The weather was hot and dry for many weeks. But two days ago it (rain) ______.
6. Tom (break) ______ his leg five days ago. He’s in hospital. He (be) ______ in hospital since he (break) ______ his leg.
7. Are you going to finish your work before you go to bed? — I (finish) ______ it (already). I (finish) ______ my work two hours ago.
Упражнение 4. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. You (ever work) ______ in a shop?
2. I (work) ______ at my uncle’s shop when I was younger.
3. It’s the first time I (be) ______ on a ship.
4. Ann is looking for her key. She can’t find it. She (lose) ______ her key.
5. How many symphonies Beethoven (compose) ______?
6. Look! Somebody (spill) ______ ink on the notebook.
7. You (have) ______ a holiday this year yet?
8. You (see) ______ any good films recently?
9. He (have, not) ______ any problems since he (come ) ______ here.