Comparatives and superlatives
1. Дайте степени сравнения прилагательных.
1. big 2. clever 3. good 4. pleasant 5. poor 6. bad 7. funny 8. important 9. sunny 10. far 11. comfortable 12. wise
2. Вставьте подходящее прилагательное в нужной степени.
A train is ___________ than a bus.
This text is the ___________ of all.
I was ill last week but today I am________.
Park Street is _______ than Market Street.
This jacket is small for me. Show me a ________ one.
What is the __________ thing in life?
A crocodile is _________ than a water snake.
Helen is the ________ girl in our class.
3. Составьте из данных слов предложения и переведите их.
most – the Mona Lisa – in – is – painting – the – famous – the – world.
longer – the Don – is – the Volga – than.
more – Spain – Germany – than – beautiful - is.
London – city – in – biggest – the – England – is.
the – team – Adam – is - worst – the – player – in.
4. Выберите в скобках правильную степень прилагательного и переведите их.
Nick is (happier, the happiest) boy that I know.
Of the six cars, I like the silver one (better, best).
Jane’s notebook is (cheaper, the cheapest) than mine.
This is (more delicious, the most delicious) cheese-cake I have ever had!
This bookcase is (more beautiful, the most beautiful) than that one
Do you feel (better, the best) today than yesterday?
I think my cat is (prettier, the prettiest) of all the cats in the world.
Steve Jobs is (more famous, famouser) than Stephen Wozniak.
This week the weather is (hotter, more hot) than last week.
Our new house is (more expensive, expensiver) than the old one.
Girls are usually (cleaner, more clean) than boys.
Chemistry was (harder, the hardest) subject at school.