The System of Education in the UK
Урок-игра в 10 классах (по командам)
Цель: обобщить, систематизировать и закрепить полученные умения и навыки по теме «Система образования в Соединенном королевстве»
1. Организационный момент
Good morning everybody! I’m glad to see you and I hope you are ready and in a good mood. The theme of our game is “The System of Education in the UK”
We’ll try to speak about the role of knowledge in our life. Our task is to discuss typical education in Great Britain. At the end of our work we’ll try to create an image of an ideal school.
( presentations of the teams)
The more a man knows, the more opportunities he has. Knowledge gives a person a great power. Everybody must try to increase his knowledge. But everything begins at school. Complete the sentence:
I go to school because….
3 . Let’s revise our lexics!
Find a pair. I’m going to give you a word and you find a pair to it.
The next task :
Give the definitions of the following:
Education (the process of teaching or learning usually in a school or college)
Attend (to go to school)
Nursery school (a school for children between 3 and 6 years old that prepare them for school)
Primary school (a school for children between ages 7 and 10)
Secondary school (a school for children between the ages 11 or 18)
School uniform ( a set of clothes that school children wear so that they all look the same)
Club ( an organization for people who have the same interest or enjoy similar activities)
Grade (one of the 12 years you are at school at the USA)
To pass exams ( to get good results for exams)
Команды объясняют выпавшие им понятия письменно.
4. The film “Schools in Great Britain”
Now it’ll be interesting to see the film about schools in GrBr. Be attentive, please. You’ll answer some questions afterwards.
(Schools in Britain(2_8 ESL video +worksheets)—YouTube
True or False?
1. Most children start primary school at the age of 5.
2. Children stay at secondary school until the age of 18.
3. At the age of 16, students take an examination called the GCSE.
4. At the end of each stage of education, students take A-Level exams.
5. Most schools are mixed both for girls and boys.
6. Many British students learn a foreign language from the age of 7.
7. Most British students study French, but Spanish and Italian are also popular.
8. Students have an hour break for lunch.
9. The lessons finish at 6 o’clock in the afternoon.
10. There are a lot of extracurricular classes in British schools.
11. Eton, Harrow and Winchester are very popular independent schools in Britain.
1. T / 2. F / 3.T / 4. F / 5. T / 6. F / 7. T / 8. T / 9. F / 10. T / 11. T /
5. Game “Happy Chance”
What school is it?
1. Pupils show a preference for academic subjects.
2. Pupils read, write, do sums, play. They spend a lot of time outdoors.
3. These schools offer commercial or technical courses.
4. Boys and girls are interested in working with their hands. They learn some trade at these schools.
5. These schools usually combine all types of secondary education.
6. Let’s relax! Look at the word and name as many words as as you can for each letter .
E—enter, entrance, exam, elementary
C—curriculum, compulsory, comprehensive
A—attend, ability, activity, assembly
T—treat, tolerance, trust
N—nursery, national exam
7. Now it’s time for your homework. What school are you dreaming of? Sum up all the things that are necessary in a modern school. Will you give me your image of an ideal school, please.
Thank you for your good work!