Сценарий интегрированного урока английского языка «Human body systems».
Учитель – Косинова Мария Ивановна, учитель английского языка высшей квалификационной категории, ГБОУ Школа №1468, г. Москва.
Данный урок предназначен для учащихся 10 класса медико-биологического профиля, позволяет учащимся закрепить знания о системах и органах человеческого организма, полученные на уроках биологии, которая изучается в разделе «Анатомия человека». Цель урока – интегрировать знания, полученные на уроках биологии в преподавание английского языка. Урок составлен на основе учебника издательства Макмиллан «Science», автор Keith Kelly, с использованием интернет - ресурсов.
We have spoken at our medical lessons about cells and tissues which build up different organs of our body. These organs form some parts of the organism which are called systems. Different systems are responsible for different options, have their purposes and help our organism to live.
Today we are going to speak about them, discuss how they work and what parts do they consist of. You’ll do some tasks during the lesson, listen to a song and broaden your knowledge about human body systems and its organs.
First let’s read some interesting facts about different parts of our body which will help you to revise their names and get information which will be useful for your studying first of all biology. As future doctors you should know human’s anatomy excellent. Let’s check your knowledge. Your task is to read the facts and fill in the missing words. Complete the task in variants. I hope that 5-7 minutes will be enough to do the task.
1) The _______________ uses over a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body.
2) Your ______________ beats around 1 000 000 times a day, 36 500 000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
3) Red blood cells carry ____________ around the body. They are created inside the bone marrow of your bones.
4) The colour of human’s ___________ is determined by the level of pigment melanin that the body produces. Those with small amounts of melanin have light skin while those with large amounts have dark skin.
5) Adult ____________ have a surface area of around 70 square metres.
6) Most adults have 32 __________ .
7) The smallest bone found in the human body is located in the middle ___________. The staples (or stirrup) bone is only 2.8 millimetres long.
8) Your ____________ and ____________ continue growing throughout your entire life.
9) Infants _____________ only once or twice a minute while adults do it 10 times a minute.
10) As well as having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique ____________ prints.
1) brain 2) heart 3) oxygen 4) skin 5) lungs 6) teeth 7) ear 8) nose, ears
9) blink, blink 10) tongue
1) The left side of your _____________ is controlled by the right side of your brain while the right side of your _____________ is controlled by the left side of your brain.
2) It takes the body around 12 hours to completely _____________ eaten food.
3) It is impossible to lick your ____________ .
4) The human ____________ contains 22 bones.
5) If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you feel _____________ .
6) It is impossible to ______________ and keep one’s eyes open at the same time.
7) A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without _______________ .
8) Men loose about 40 _______________ a day. Women loose about 70 ______________ a day.
9) The ______________ is the largest of the body’s internal organs. The ______________ is the body’s largest organ.
10) Our _____________ are always the same size from birth.
1) tongue 2) digest 3) elbow 4) head 5) thirsty 6) sneeze 7) water 8) hairs, hairs
9) liver, skin 10) eyes
Your time is over. Now change your works and check the answers.
Hand in your papers and let’s go on our lesson.
Your next task is to listen to a song and write down all the names of body’s systems you ‘ll hear in it. (So Many Systems – Human Body Systems Rap. Youtube.com)
Endocrine. excretory, nervous, reproductive, digestive, respiratory, circulatory, muscular, skeleton, immune.
Read aloud the names of the systems you have written and check if all systems were mentioned. But first repeat them after me to pronounce correctly.
Now let’s do ex.4, p.10. It helps you to understand the systems’ purposes. You have to choose the right variant from some verbs and to complete the sentence. Write down the verbs for learning them by heart.
1) The digestive system (breaks down/ makes / removes) food for the body to absorb.
2) The circulatory system (drains/ sucks/ pumps) blood throughout the body.
3) The respiratory organs take oxygen into the body and (hold/ remove/ clean) the carbon dioxide.
4) The male reproductive organs (produce/ change/ transform) sperm.
5) The skeleton gives us our shape and (contains/ carries/ protects) the organs and helps the body to move.
6) The female reproductive system (absorbs/ produces/ controls) eggs and develops the fetus.
7) The excretory system (keeps/ goes/ removes) the waste from the body.
1. breaks 2. pumps 3. remove 4. produce 5. contains 6. produces 7. Removes
Your next task is to find the right definition to the system. Do it in groups of three students.
List of major human organ systems
There are typically considered to be eleven major organ systems of the human body. Humans have a variety of systems due to the complexity of the species' organism. "Human" systems are also present in many animals.
______________________: communication within the body using hormones made by endocrine glands such as the hypothalamus, pituitary or pituitary gland, pineal body or pineal gland, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenals, i.e., adrenal glands.
_______________________: structures involved in the transfer of lymph between tissues and the blood stream, the lymph and the nodes and vessels that transport it including the Immune system: defending against disease-causing agents with leukocytes, tonsils, adenoids, thymus and spleen.
________________________: movement with muscles.
1. Skeletal system
10. Digestive system
Now let’s check your work.
Now share your opinion about our lesson – have you enjoyed your work today? What did you like most of all? Will you learn the song by heart? Don’t be afraid – it was a joke! Your task for the next medical lesson: learn the verbs from ex.4 and the names of the systems by heart, be ready for dictation.
Номер материала: ДБ-148064
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|