Сценарный план урока английского языка, проведенного в соответствии с требованиями ФГОС по теме: «Города Англии»
УМК:" Enjoy English" – 6 (под ред. М. З. Биболетовой)
Тема урока: « Города Англии».
4. Контроль усвоения ранее изученных знаний. (Аудирование.)
T: We are going to travel together. It is necessary for us to find the places that we want to visit. You'll see the sights of London. Listen to me attentively and try to guess the sight.
• It is the famous clock. It is really a bell. You can hear its deep tone on the BBC. People say that it is a face of London.
P1: I think it is Big Ben.
T: You are right. Let's see this place.
• It's the home of the British royal family in London. Outside the palace we can watch a colorful ceremony of the Changing of the Guard.
P2: I think it is Buckingham Palace.
T: You are right.
• The buildings in which the British parliament sits.
P3: These are the Houses of Parliament.
T: You are right.
• It is the best-known bridge. It was built in 1897. This bridge is across the Thames.
P4: It is Tower Bridge.
T: You are right.
• It is a fine cathedral in central London. It was built by Sir Christopher Wren.
P5: It is St. Paul's Cathedral.
T: You are right.
• It is a large gothic church. It was built in the 11th century. Almost all kings and queens were crowned there. Many famous British people were buried there.
P6: It is Westminster Abbey.
T: You are righ.
5. Реализация группового проекта.
T.: When you travel in other countries and cities you can see a lot of interesting places. What are they?
St.: They are museums, galleries, monuments, theatres and squares. Let's go sightseeing and visit the principal places of interest. Look at the screen, please and listen to our guides. (Режим St.1, St.2, St.3 ...)
o Dear guests, welcome to London, the capital of Great Britain! Let ̓s start our tour from Trafalgar Square which is situated in the centre of the City. The Square is famous for Nelson's Column. In December there is a colourful Christmas tree in the centre of the Square. Different cultural festivals take place in the Square.
o There is a lot of traffic in the streets of London. Most of London buses are the famous red double-deckers. London Underground, the Tube, is the oldest and the longest in the world.
o The famous clock Big Ben stands near the Houses of Parliament. Big Ben is really a bell. It is a big bell. Its weight is about 13 tons.
o The country's leaders speak in the Houses of Parliament. The Houses of Parliament stand beside the river Thames. The British Parliament consists of two parts: the House of Lords and the House of Commons.
o Standing not far from the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey is a symbol of England. Westminster Abbey was built by King Edward in 1065. The coronation of all British Kings and Queens takes place in Westminster Abbey. Today it is a working church.
o This is Tower Bridge, built in 1897. It is one of the famous bridges across the Thames. It is next to the Tower of London. It opens and ships go up and down the River Thames.
o Look here please. Now we can see the Tower оf London from the river Thames. The Tower is very old. It has a long and cruel history. It was a fortress, a royal palace and a prison. Today it is a museum.
o Another famous place is St. Paul's Cathedral, designed by Christopher Wren. It is situated in the centre of the City.
o Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the Queen. When the queen is in London, she stays in Buckingham palace. Outside we can watch the Changing of the Guard.
o You are in Piccadilly Circus now. It is a round square, from which many famous West End streets radiate.
o There are many theatres in London. One of the famous in the world is "Covent Garden".
o There are a lot of places for fun and entertainment in London. One of them is a London Eye. It is giant wheel. You can take photos on the London Eye.
o There are many well-known museums in London. The British museum has one of the biggest libraries in the world. The National Gallery is famous for its wonderful collection of French, British, Italian and Spanish schools. There are also Madame Tussaud's, Sherlock Holmes Museum and the Science Museum in London.
Londoners love their parks and are proud of them. London is very rich in parks and gardens. You can spend the whole day in the country – without leaving London. London's parks are full of trees, grass, flowers and water. You can walk among old trees, relax or take part in the many activities such as tennis, swimming and horse-riding. There are Hyde Park, Green Park, St. James' Park, Regent's Park and Kensington Gardens in the centre of London.
Hyde Park is famous for its outdoor entertainments and its Speaker's Corner.
You can also visit Regent's Park where you will find the London Zoo.
St. James's Park is the oldest London park. The Statue of the fairy-tale hero, Peter Pan, can be seen in Kensington Gardens. Parks are free in London.
London is the host of the Summer Olympic Games – 2012. There is a big Olympic Park in London. I would like to say, that London is worth visiting.
Brighton is a large town on the south coast of England. It is a popular place for holidays. There are many language schools in Brighton.
It is famous for the Royal Pavillion.
Oxford is the best student town in Europe.
It is famous for its beautiful architecture.
Oxford university was founded in the 12th century. It has thirty-five colleges now. You can see there many lovely gardens, where the students can read and relax.
Cambridge is the second oldest university town in Great Britain. Cambridge is on the river Cam.
The university was founded in the 13th century. It has twenty-nine colleges now. Many great men studied at Cambridge: Cromwell, Newton, Byron, Darwin and others.
Stratford-upon- Avon is a small town in the middle of England. Stratford is on the river Avon. It is the town where William Shakespeare was born. You will visit Shakespeare's birthplace. It is a museum now.
And, of course, you will visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
Liverpool is a big port. It is situated on the west cost of the country.
It has a famous Beatles museum.
Football is very popular in Liverpool. The city has two well-known teams, Liverpool and Everton.
Manchester is a large industrial city not far from Liverpool.
The population is about 5 million people. It is the second largest city after London.
The city has two well-known teams, Manchester United and Manchester City.
Leeds is situated on the river Eyre. It is the third largest city in Great Britain. Leeds is a market-town. Leeds United is a well-known football team.
York is a city in North Yorkshire, England, known for its chocolate factories, nationl railway museum and Jorvik Viking Centre (an archaeololgical museum). There are many castles in York.
Coventry is about 140 kilometres from London. It is an industrial city. The centre of the city was ruined during the World War II. Coventry is a tween city of Volgograd.
6. Применение знаний в проблемной ситуации.
(Работа в парах. Диалоги на тему «Ориентация в незнакомом городе»: eх. 71, p.93
Up, down, up, down,
Which is the way
To London town?
Up in the air,
Close your eyes –
And you are there!
8. Quiz - programme "Happy chance"- "What do you know about Great Britain?"
(Страноведческая игра «Счастливый случай»- «Что ты знаешь о Великобритании?» на английском языке)
I round: "What do you know about Great Britain?"
("Что ты знаешь о Великобритании?»)
Choose the correct answer from the variants listed below.
1.What is the official name of the country whose language you study?
a) Great Britain b) England c) the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
2. How many countries does the United Kingdom consists of?
a) two b) three c) four
3. Which is the largest island of the British Isles?
a) Ireland b) Isle of Man c) Great Britain
4.What is the capital of Scotland?
a) Manchester b)Edinburgh c)Cardiff
5. What is the capital of Wales?
a) Edinburgh b)Cardiff c)Liverpool
6. What is the capital of Northern Ireland?
a) Cardiff b) Dublin c) Belfast
7. What is the state system of the United Kingdom?
a) a constitutional monarchy b) a parliamentary republic c) a limited monarchy
8. What is the symbol of the United Kingdom?
a) a bald eagle b) Britannia c) a rose
9. What is the name of the British national flag?
a) the Union Jack b) the Saint Andrew's Cross c) the Saint David's Cross
10.Which is the longest river in Britain?
a) the Clyde b) the Severn c) the Thames
11. What is the emblem of England?
a) a shamrock b) a red rose c) a leek
12. What is the emblem of Scotland?
a) a daffodil b) a dragon c) a thistle
13. What are the emblems of Wales?
a) a shamrock, a clover and a red hand b) a rose and the Saint George's Cross
c) a dragon, a daffodil, a leek, a dove
14. What is the emblem of Northern Ireland?
a) a shamrock b) a red rose c) a thistle
15. What chambers does the British Parliament consist of?
a) the Senate and the House of Representatives b)The House of Lords and the House of Commons c) the Cabinet of Ministers and the Shadow Cabinet
16. Who presides in the House of Lords?
a) the Lord Chancellor b) the Speaker c) the Chancellor of the Exchequer
17. Where does the British Premier live and work?
a) at 10 Downing Street b) in the Houses of Parliament c) in Buckingham Palace
18.What is the name of the poet who was called "The Father of English Poetry"?
a) W. Shakespeare b) George G. Byron c) Geoffrey Chaucer
19.Who is the official head of the UK?
a) the President b)the Houses of Parliament c) the Queen
20. What is London residence of Queen Elizabeth II?
a) the Tower of London b) Windsor Castle c) Buckingham Palace
21. Where is Nelson's Column situated?
a) in Parliament Square b) in Trafalgar Square c ) in Piccadilly Circus
22. Where are British kings crowned?
a) in St. Paul's Cathedral b) in Westminster Abbey c) in Canterbury Cathedral
23. Who was the architect of St. Paul's Cathedral in London?
a) Sir Christopher Wren b) Edward Bailey c)Henry Tate
24. The ravens are a famous sight of ...
a) the Tower of London b) London zoo c) Covent Garden
25. Scottish surnames begin with ...
a) O' b) Mac or Mc c) de
26. What is the Scottish national costume for men?
a) the tuxedo b) the bearskin c) the kilt
27. What lake does the famous Scottish monster live in?
a) Lough Erne b)Loch Lomond c) Loch Ness
28. What is the most famous sport event in Scotland?
a) the Highland Games b) Commonwealth Games c) the Wimbledon Championship
29. What country is called a land of castles and princes?
a) England b) Northern Ireland c) Wales
30. What universities have the highest academic reputation in the UK?
a) Oxford University and Cambridge University b)London University and Bristol University c)Red-brick universities
31. What is the school-leaving age in the United Kingdom?
a) 16 b) 13 c) 18
32. Which of the following stages of British education is not obligatory?
a) nursery school b) primary school c) secondary school
33. What is the top secondary school in Great Britain?
a) Chiswick Community School b) Eton c) Harrow
34. What is the highest mark in British schools?
a) A b) C c) G
35. What is the Englishmen's favourite drink?
a) orange juice b)coffee c) tea
36. The large bag of wool on which the Lord Chancellor sits in the House of Lords.
a) woolbag b) woolsack c) woolbox
37. The political centre of London is ...
a) Tower of London b) Westminster c) Piccadilly Circus
38. The colour of taxis in London is ...
a) black b) red c) yellow
39. The major spectator sport in Britain.
a) basketball b) football c) handball
40. What is the official religion in the United Kingdom?
a) Catholicism b)Orthodoxy c) Protestantism
Ключи к конкурсам страноведческой игры «Счастливый случай»:
I round – 1. c; 2.c; 3. c; 4. b; 5. b; 6. c; 7. a; 8. b; 9.a; 10. b; 11. b; 12. c; 13. c; 14. a; 15.b; 16.a; 17. a; 18. c; 19. c; 20. c; 21. b; 22. b; 23. a; 24. a; 25. b; 26. c; 27. c; 28. a; 29. c; 30. a; 31. a; 32. a; 33. b; 34. a; 35. c; 36. b; 37. b; 38. a; 39. b; 40. c. (40 баллов)
9. Проведение экскурсии по своему родному городу. (Реализация группового проекта)
1) Welcome to Shchigry! I live in a quiet provincial town.
2) Shchigry was founded in 1779. Our town is situated on the river Shchigor.
3) Our town is very beautiful. You can see many sights there. There are two factories, three libraries and two clubs in Shchigry.
4) Shchigry is a green town. There is a big park and alleys in Shchigry.
5) People go for a walk with their children in the park. Children go on rides.
6) The people of our town like nature very much. They make little gardens in their yards.
7) Our town has rich history. Photos, documents and old things are kept in the local history museum.
8) Our people remember their heroes. There is Victory Square in Shchigry.
9) This is a monument of the defenders of our Motherland during the Great Patriotic War (1941 -1945) and a monument of the soldiers in Afghanistan.
10) This is a monument in honour of the constructor Nepobedimy. Our town is famous for its writers and poets such as Malykhin, Konorev, Snegiryov, Khizyov and Timonov.
11) We have the Holy Trinity church.
12) This is Holy Trinity Square.
13) There is Red Square in the centre of Shchigry. In January there is a colourful New Year tree in the centre of the Square.
14) A lot of attention is devoted to education. There are 4 secondary schools in Shchigry. I go to school number 4. There are nice flowerbeds in front of the school.
15) I am proud of my beautiful town!
Thank you for attention.
10. Аудирование песни "Brighton in the Rain", беседа по содержанию прослушанного.
11. Информация о домашнем задании, инструктаж по его выполнению.
Your homework is: SB: ex. 9, p. 120; WB: ex. 20, p. 57 .
T: Dear friends, you've worked very hard. I hope you've learned a lot about England. What do you think about our trip?
Our lesson is over. Goodbye.