Form 10 - 11
1.My best friend
2.Choose the career.
1. Put the correct word.
1. Where is Kate? She _____ tennis.
A. plays B. is playing C. play D. played
2. ______ not any glass in the windows, that is why ____ so cold in the room.
A. It is, there is B. It was, there is C. There are, it is D. There is, it is
3. She was tired and asked me _____ make so much noise.
A. didn’t B. did not to C. not D. not to
4. Both Steve ______ Jane ______ here.
A. or, is B. and, is C. or, are D. and, are
5. I have my English class ___ Monday morning.
A. in B. at C. for D. on
6. _____ breakfast yet? Yes, I ____.
A. Did you have, have B. Had you had, have C. Have you had, have D. Do you have, had
7. I was late. The teacher ___ a test when I ___ to class.
A. has already given, got B. had already given, got C. has already given, get D. was already giving, get
8. How long will it ___ to do the homework?
A. need her B. take her C. she take D. she need
9. Mary has never been to London, ____ she?
A. has B. did C. hasn’t D. didn’t
10. He grew up in New England, ____?
A. don’t you B. didn’t he C. doesn’t he D. did he
11. Newspapers and magazines ____ just by the postman.
A. have been bring B. has been brought C. have been brought D. were bought
12. He said he _____ that man before.
A. never met B. did not meet C. had never met D. did not never meet
13. When I ______ the children ______ television peacefully.
A. came, watched B. came, were watching C. was coming, were watching D. was coming, watched
14. Have you ever been _____ Paris.
A. in B. to C. at D. through
15. Who ____ Phil with his homework?
A. does help B. helps C. do help D. help
16. The train ______ at 5 o’clock.
A. will leave B. leaves C. leave D. is leaving
17. My sister ____ some new clothes last week.
A. had bought B. bought C. was buying D. have bought
18. The tickets ____ yesterday.
A. was sold B. sold C. were sold D. sell
19. Lisa said that she ______ this book.
A. buys B. bought C. has bought D. had bought
20. She _____ to Moscow, if she _____ her homework.
A. go, will do B. goes, does C. will go, does D. will go, do
An Old Tale
Once a little old woman baked cakes in her oven. She had on a black dress and a small white apron. A red cap was on her head. A poor old man came to her kitchen door and said, “I am hungry, good woman, please give me one of your cakes” But the old woman said, “These cakes are too large for you. I shall bake you a little cake’
So she made a very little cake and put it into the oven. But the cake began to grow bigger and bigger.
“This cake is too large,” said the old woman. Then she made a tiny cake and put it into the oven. But it began to grow bigger. “I shall not give you this cake”, said the old woman, ”it is too large for you”.
Then she made a tiny cake again and put it into her oven. But that cake began to grow bigger and bigger too. “I don’t want to give you any cake,” said the old woman. “I shall eat it but not you. Go away.” So the poor man went away hungry.
Now come the strangest part of the story. As the old woman began to eat her cakes she began to grow smaller and smaller. Her nose became a sharp beak. She looked at her arms. And what did she see? She saw black wings. She looked at her black dress and white apron, but they were all feathers. Now she was a bird. You can see this little bird. He hops up and down trees. People say that the old woman who did not want to give one tiny cake to a poor old man is a woodpecker now.
Apron – фартук
Tiny – крихітний
1.Read the text and decide if the statements are true or false.
1. Once a poor old woman baked cakes in her oven.
2. She had on a white dress and a small black apron.
3. A red cap was on her head.
4. Once a little poor man came to her kitchen.
5. He asked the old woman to give him one of her cakes.
6. “I shall bake you a large cake”, said the old woman.
7. She put a very little cake into the oven but it began to grow bigger and bigger
8. The woman baked three tiny cakes.
9. She wanted to eat all the cakes herself.
10. A poor old man is a woodpecker now.
2.Choose the correct option to complete the sentences.
1. Once a … baked cakes.
a) poor little woman;
b) poor old woman;
c) little old woman.
2. She had on a …
a) red dress and a small white apron;
b) white dress and a small black apron;
c) black dress and a small white apron.
3. The … man asked: “Please give me one of your cakes”.
a) poor hungry;
b) hungry old;
c) poor old.
4. “These cakes are too … for you”.
5. So she made a very … cake.
6. But the cake began to grow … .
7. “I … you this cake”, said the old woman, ”it’s too large for you.”
a) shall bake;
b) shall not bake;
c) shall not give.
8. The woman didn’t want to … the cake.
9. She turned into the bird with … wings.
10. The old woman became… .
a) a cake;
b) a man;
c) a bird.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|