ГБПОУ РА «Майкопский политехнический техникум»
Преподаватель иностранного языка Ачмиз Сульет Бачмизовна.
Страноведческая викторина по англоязычным странам.
Awareness quiz on Britain.
1. What is the official name of Great Britain?
2. What parts does Great Britain consist of?
3. What separates this country from Europe?
4. What is tartan?
5. How many languages are spoken in Wales?
6. Where did the Beatles come from?
7. One Queen of Britain was on the throne for only 9 days. Who was she?
8. What is the kilt and who invented it?
9. What is the title of the song Scots usually sing at parties?
10. Who is the Prime Minister of Great Britain?
Multiple choice test on Great Britain.
1. What is the Union Jack?
a) The national flag of the United Kingdom;
b) Trade Union organization;
2. What is the name of the present British Queen?
a) Elizabeth I;
c) Elizabeth II.
3. What is the capital of Wales?
4. Where did the Beatles come from?
5. What is the song the Scottish people sing at the parties?
a) “Jingle Bells”;
b) “Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot”;
c) “Green sleeves”.
6. Where does the ceremony of the Keys take place?
a) In the Tower of London;
b) At the Buckingham Palace;
c) In Trafalgar Square.
7. Which street in London is called “newspaper street”?
a) Oxford Street;
b) Fleet Street;
c) Downing street.
8. Where is the Speaker’s Corner?
a) In Richmond Park;
b) In Hyde Park;
c) In Kensington Park.
9. Where is the National Shakespeare Theatre?
a) In London;
b) In Birmingham;
c) In Stratford-upon-Avon.
10. What is the national musical instrument of Scotland?
Awareness quiz on the USA.
1. How many states does the USA consist of?
2. What river is Washington situated on?
3. What places of interest in Washington are connected with the names of three Presidents?
4. In what state is Hollywood situated?
5. Who are the natives of the USA?
6. Who of the Presidents was called “Honest Abe”?
7. Where does the biggest Christmas Tree of America usually stand?
8. Where from are the American spaceships launched into orbit?
9. Which holiday is called “the birthday of a nation”?
10. What is the name of the King of rock-n-roll?
Multiple choice test on the USA.
1. Who of the presidents fought for the abolition of slavery in the USA?
2. What river is New York situated on?
a) The Mississippi;
b) The Potomac;
c) The Hudson.
3. What is the world’s tallest stone structure situated in Washington?
a) Washington Monument;
b) Lincoln Memorial;
c) Palace of Justice.
4. Which kind of sport is typical American invention?
5. Which holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November?
b) Independence Day;
c) Thanksgiving Day.
6. Who of the musicians played the trumpet in jazz?
7. Who of the American scientists invented the telephone?
a) Alexander Bell;
b) Henry Ford;
c) Martin King.
8. Who of the American writers wrote books under the name of Mark Twain?
a) Jack London;
b) Samuel Clemens;
c) John Crisham.
9. Which street in the New York is called the of theatres?
a) The 5th Avenue;
c) Fleet Street.
10. What is the traditional meal on Thanksgiving Day?
Awareness quiz on Australia.
1. What is the official name of the country?
2. Who are the natives of Australia?
3. What is the capital of Australia?
4. What animals are depicted on the Australian coat-of-arms?
5. Which tree-loving animal lives in Australia?
6. Who discovered Australia?
7. Who is the head of the country?
8. What is the longest river in Australia?
9. What are the largest deserts in Australia?
10. What city hosted the 2002 Summer Olympic Games?
Multiple choice test on Australian fauna.
1. What animals eat eucalyptus leaves?
2. What flightless bird lives in Australia?
3. Which representative of Australian fauna doesn’t use eyes and ears under water?
4. Which Australian animals are born the size of a large bean and then grow taller than a man?
5. Which of the Australian kangaroos are the largest?
a) Brown and grey;
b) Red and yellow;
c) Green and red.
6. What animals often attack sheep and are dangerous for people?
a) Wild dog dingo;
7. Which animal is considered to be the king of Australian animals?
8. Which of the Australian animals sleeps during the day?
9. Which Australian bird is famous for its mocking laugh?
10. Which marsupial looks like an enormous rat?
Awareness quiz on New Zealand.
1. Who is the head of the country?
2. What is the capital of New Zealand?
3. Who are the natives of New Zealand?
4. What is the symbol of New Zealand?
5. Who discovered New Zealand?
6. What is the pride of every New Zealander?
7. Which city in New Zealand is called “garden city”?
8. How do New Zealanders call themselves?
9. What two big islands does New Zealand consist of?
10. What fruit is New Zealand the world’s largest production?
Multiple choice test on New Zealand.
1. Which of the islands in New Zealand is the most popular?
a) North Island;
b) Stuart Island;
c) South Island.
2. What reptiles do not live in New Zealand?
3. Which bird is apteryx in New Zealand?
b) Kakado parrot;
4. What is the nickname of New Zealanders?
5. What was the first capital of New Zealand?
6. What are the two official languages in New Zealand?
a) English and French;
b) English and Maori;
c) English and German.
7. How are Maori people characterized?
8. Whom is the Queen of England represented by in New Zealand?
b) Her Minister;
c) Governor General.
9. What is the political structure of New Zealand?
a) Constitutional Monarchy;
b) Parliamentary Republic;
c) Socialist state.
10. When do children begin to go to school in New Zealand?
a) At the age of 7;
b) At the age of 6;
c) At the age of 5.
Awareness quiz on Canada.
1. How many provinces are there in Canada?
2. What is the capital of Canada?
3. What is the symbol of Canada?
4. Who are the natives of Canada?
5. What languages do people speak in Canada?
6. What world’s wonder is situated in Canada?
7. In what Canadian city did the Winter Olympic Games take place once?
8. What sport is extremely popular in Canada?
9. Who is the head of the country?
10. What province is called “the Seat of French Culture”?
Multiple choice test on Canada.
1. What country does Canada border in the North?
a) The USA;
2. Which is the largest province in Canada?
b) Prince Edward;
3. Which agricultural product grown in Canada is world famous?
4. Which tower rises above the Parliament Building in Ottawa?
a) Green Tower;
b) Victoria Tower;
c) Peace Tower.
5. Which museum in Ottawa illustrates the cultures of Eskimos and Indians?
a) The Museum of Nature;
b) Laurier House;
c) The Museum of Civilization.
6. Which May Festival is Ottawa famous for?
a) Tulip Festival;
b) Art Festival;
c) Music Festival.
7. The Queen of what country presents Ottawa with flowers?
a) Great Britain;
b) The Netherlands;
8. In what town does 9-day winter festival Winter hide take place?
9. In what province is the Niagara Falls situated?
c) Nova Scotia.
10. Which syrup is Canada famous for?
Эталоны правильных ответов:
1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
2. England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales.
3. The English Channel.
4. Scottish national fabric.
5. Two: English and Welsh.
7. Lady Jerne Grey.
8. A man’s skirt in Scotland.
9. “Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot”.
10. David Cameron.
1a, 2c, 3b, 4c, 5b, 6a, 7b, 8b, 9c, 10a.
1. 50 states.
2. The Potomac River.
3. Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial.
7. Time Square in New York.
8. Cape Canaveral.
9. Independence Day.
10. Elvis Presley.
1a, 2c, 3a, 4b, 5c, 6b, 7a, 8b, 9b, 10c.
1.The Commonwealth of Australia.
4. Kangaroo and emu.
6. James Cook.
7. The Queen of Great Britain.
8. The Darling.
9. Great Sandy and Great Victoria.
1b, 2b, 3a, 4c, 5c, 6a, 7c, 8b, 9a, 10c.
По Новой Зеландии:
1.The Queen of Great Britain.
3. The Maoris.
5. James Cook.
9. North Ireland and South Ireland.
10. Kiwi fruit.
1a, 2b, 3a, 4b, 5c, 6b, 7a, 8c, 9a, 10c.
3. Maple leaf.
4. Eskimos, Indians.
5. English and French.
6. The Niagara Falls.
9. The Queen of Britain.
1a, 2a, 3b, 4c, 5c, 6a, 7b, 8a, 9b, 10a.
Номер материала: ДВ-185575
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|