Развитие языковой догадки, монологической и диалогической речи. Творческого мышления, перевода, умения сопоставления.
Воспитывать умение работы в группах, развивать уважительное отношение к одноклассникам.
Наглядность и ТСО
Картины со временами года
Музыка «Времена года»
Раздаточный дидактический материал.
I Организационный момент
Good day, my dear friend. I am very glad to see you. We will begin our lesson with training you pronunciation.
Let’s start lesson with drill.
II Фонетическая зарядка.
Whether the weather be fine
Or whether the weather be not?
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot?
Well whether the weather what ever the whether
Whether we like it or not.
Now let’s translate this drill.
«погода может быть прекрасной, или нет
Либо жаркой, либо холодной
Мы любим погоду, какой бы она не была.
Хорошей или нет»
Now let’s read this drill all together.
Let’s read this drill one by one.
OK nice of you. Thank you.
Let’s remember all seasons and months.
Spring (March, April, May)
Summer (June, July, August)
Autumn (September, October, November)
Winter (December, January, February)
Now I will divide you into two teams. The first team will includes the children who were born in winter and autumn. The second team will include the children who was born in summer and spring.
You must give names for your teams.
С помощью загадок, в которых рифмуется английское слово отгадка, решите этот кроссворд.
Вопросы (раздаются команда на отдельных листах)
Та команда, которая сделает задание первой, получает 10 баллов.
Время на выполнение задания 5 минут.
1) Беда у всех Танюш, Марин
Веснушки. Виновата …. (SPRING)
2) Шапку на уши плотнее надвиньте,
Ведь холод настал с названием .... (WINTER)
3) Любуюсь я листьев желтых полетом,
Пора золотая зовется…. (AUTUMN)
4) Нас от жары спасает панама
Оно в разгаре наше …. (SUMMER)
5) Полюбуйтесь–ка, сосною,
Её снегуркой сделал … (SNOW)
6) Из берегов выходит Рейн,
Неделю льет сильнейший …. (RAIN)
Характер погоды капризен
В любое время года … (SEASON)
«Найди потерянную рифму»
Подберите рифму к словам. Время на выполнение задания 3 минуты. За правильное выполнение команде присуждается 10 баллов.
Командам раздаются карточки со словами.
Каждой команде по очереди ведущий читает загадки, ответом которых является один из месяцев года. За каждый правильный ответ команда получает 10 баллов.
1) This month brings the snow.
Makes our feet and fingers glow. (January)
2) Cold month brings us skating.
The New Year we are waiting. (December)
3) This month snows again,
And sometimes it brings us rain. (February)
4) Red brings us joy?
Fun for every girl and boy. (November)
5) This month brings sunny days and winds,
So we know that spring begins. (March)
6) This month brings much fruit,
Then to gather them is good. (October)
7) This month brings the primrose sweet,
We see daises at our feet. (April)
8) This warm month brings us school,
Days are shorter, nights are cool. (September)
9) This month brings flowers, joy and grass
And the holiday for us. (May)
10) This month brings us golden corn,
Then the harvest home is born. (August)
11) This hot month brings apples and cherries,
And a lot of other berries. (July)
12) This month brings tulips, lilies,roses,
Fills the children’s hands with posies. (June)
That’s all today, dear friends. I hope you will like our holiday.
Команда, набравшая большее количество баллов побеждает.
The aim of the lesson: to control the pupils’ knowledge about the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The objectives of the lesson:
Educational: to activate listening and acting skills, to develop communicative skills and abilities, to revise the material about «The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland».
Developing: to develop pupils’ knowledge, logical thinking, to improve reading, writing, speaking, listening comprehension skills through doing a lots of tasks.
Brining up: to motivate pupils interest in learning English, to bringing up pupils respect to their individuality.
The type of the lesson: revise lesson.
The form of the lesson: a travelling lesson.
The methods of the lesson: Brainstorming, a pair work, demonstration, critical thinking.
Visual aids: interactive board, pictures.
The procedure of the lesson:
I.Org. moment: (3 min)
Good morning, children.
Good morning, teacher.
How are you?
How are you feeling today?
We are active and confident. (in chorus)
The main part of the lesson: (35 min)
2.Developing the skills of oral speech:
This is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is situated in the north - west coast of Europe between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and north west and the North Sea on the east. The UK consists of 4 parts. They are: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The UK lies on the British Isles. The UK is one of the smallest countries in the world. It is twice smaller than France or Spain. The area of the UK is some 244. 100 square kilometers. The population of Great Britain is over 61 million. Great Britain is not rich in mineral recourses. Coal and oil are the most of them. The UK is one of the most industrialized countries. Agriculture takes also an important sector in the economy of the country. It isn’t too hot in summer or too cold in winter. It often rains in England. The UK is a constitutional monarchy. The Queen Elizabeth the II is officially the head of the state. The formal name of the British national flag is Union Flag, but it is commonly known as the Union Jack.
England – Red rose.
Wales – Daffodil, leek.
Northern Ireland – Shamrock.
The capital of England is LONDON.
The capital of Scotland is EDINBURGH.
The capital of Wales is CARDIFF.
The capital of Northern Ireland is BELFAST.
The official language is English.
The theme of our lesson is “The UK and some interesting facts about it and its political system.”
Today we are going to discuss the geographical position of the UK, the names of its parts, capitals and symbols.
We are talking about the Union Jack, the head of the state and its parliament.
And at the end of the lesson we’ll make up short dialogues about traveling around the UK.
Let’s first of all remember the official name of Britain.
1.What is the official name of Britain?
2.Where is the UK situated?
So, you know that the UK is an island.
3 What are there the two main islands in the UK?
4What water bodies are washed the UK by?
5What are the water bodies that separate Britain from the continent?
6What parts does the UK consist of?
7What are the capitals of these parts?
Let’s talk about the symbols of each part.
8What is the symbol of England?
9What are the symbols of Wales?
10What is the symbol of Scotland?
11What is the symbol of Northern Ireland?
12Can you tell me what the name The Union Jack means.
13What else can you tell me about The Union Jack? How many crosses is it made up of?
Ah! By the way, do you know who the head of the state is?
14What do you know about the Queen and her ruling?(The Queen is the symbol of the country history and its traditions. She is very rich. She travels about the UK and meets a lot of people.)
15What does she do then?
16Where does the Queen live?
17But who has the real power in the UK?
18Who is the head of the British Government?(Gordon Brown)
19What information do you know about the British Parliament?
20What does the House of Lords do?
21Are the members of the House of Lords elected?
22What can you tell me about the House of Commons? What does it do?
23Are the members of the House of Commons elected?
24How often are they elected by the British people?
You know that the capital of the UK is London, let’s speak about two the most remarkable sightseeings of London.
The first one (sightseeing) is Trafalgar Square.
25) What can you see in Trafalgar Square?
26What is the National Gallery?
The second well-known sightseeing of London is the Tower of London.
27) Who built the Tower of London?
28) What for did he build it?
Yes, you are right; he built it because he was afraid of being killed by Londoners.
You know that it was a fortress, a palace and even a prison.
29)What is the Tower of London now?
30) What legend do you know about Tower of London?
1.The official name of Britain is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
2.The UK is situated in the British Islands.
3.The two main islands are Great Britain and Ireland.
4.The UK is washed by the Atlantic Ocean in the north and the North Sea in the east.
5.The UK is separated from the continent by the English Cannel and the Strait of Dover.
6.The UK consists of 4 parts: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
7 The capital of England is London.
The capital of Wales is Cardiff.
The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh.
The capital of Northern Ireland is Belfast.
8 The symbol of England is red rose.
9) The symbols of Wales are leek and daffodils.
10) The symbol of Scotland is thistle.
11) The symbol of Northern Ireland is shamrock.
12) It is the name of flag of the UK.
13) The Union Jack is the official name of The UK flag. It is made up of three crosses: the first cross is the cross of St. George – the patron saint of England; the second cross is the cross of St. Andrew - the patron saint of Scotland; the third cross is the cross of St. Patrick - the patron saint of Ireland.
The head of the state is the Queen Elizabeth II.
14) The Queen doesn’t rule the country as she has no power.
15) She travels about the UK. Visits hospitals, schools and meets a lot of people.
16) The Queen lives in Buckingham Palace.
17) The real power in the UK belongs to the British Parliament and the British Government.
18) The head of the British Government is Prime Minister.
19) The British Parliament has two houses: The House of Lords and the House of Commons.
20) The House of Lords doesn’t have much power. It can offer and change laws and it can delay laws too.
21) The members of the House of Lords are not elected. They are aristocrats, people of church, lawyers and former politicians.
22) The House of Commons makes laws about the policy of the country, taxes and many other things.
23) The members of the Commons are elected.
24) The members of the Commons are elected every 5 years
25) Some people say that Trafalgar Square is the most beautiful place in London. In the middle of the square stands a tall column. It’s a monument to Admiral Nelson. Four bronze lions look at the square from the monument. There are two beautiful fountains in the square. They are in front of the National Gallery.
26) The National Gallery is one of the best picture galleries of the world.
27) The Tower of London was built by William the Conqueror in the 11th century.
28) He built it because he was afraid of being killed by Londoners.
29) The Tower of London is a museum.
30) There are always 12 ravens in the Tower of London. People look after them very well as they believe that London will be rich while ravens live there.
Номер материала: ДВ-051377
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|