Exit Test. Form 7.
Listen to a text. As you listen, answer the questions.
e.g. Why was Joyce’s family poor? Because the father was a failed businessman.
1. Who was Joyce taught by? ________________________________________________________
2. Where did he go after finishing secondary school? _____________________________________
3. Where do two of his novels take place? ______________________________________________
4. When did Joyce first travel abroad? _________________________________________________
5. What jobs did Joyce do? __________________________________________________________
Match the titles (1-5) to the texts (A-D). There is one extra title.
1. Measures to take.
2. A serious Drought
3. An Eco Protest
4. An Endangered Species
5. Weather Changes
A. The tornado last year was one of the scariest things in my life. The sky turned a very strange colour, it was brown, yellow, grey, blue, and even green. It is scary because you never see the sky turns green. And the clouds were black. The wind suddenly started blowing so strong! Then there was a loud sound, like a train was coming. It lasted about 30 seconds, and then a few minutes later, the sky turned blue and the wind stopped blowing.
B. There has been no rain for months now in many parts of the island. This summer has been hotter than usual with record temperatures. No rain means no grass. No grass means animals have no food. There are cracks in the ground in some places. Farmers are worried about how to feed their animals. Fire has been a problem in many places this summer, too. Some rivers have dried up, and it's hard to fight fires.
C. Bluefin tuna is the largest tuna and can live up to 40 years. However, it may soon disappear from earth. The population of Bluefin tuna has become smaller because of too much fishing and a lot of illegal fishing. International eco organizations say illegal fishing has already destroyed the fish in the Atlantic and Mediterranean oceans. They say we all should take measures to preserve the tuna.
D. Earthquakes are unpredictable. So it is important to know what to do when it happens, and react quickly and safely. The most important thing is to stay calm and not panic. If you are inside a building, don't go out. You should hide under a heavy desk or table far from windows. If you are outdoors, go to an open area away from buildings. The most dangerous place is near walls.
Grammar and Vocabulary
Choose the correct item.
1. The train....... at 7 this morning.
A is leaving В left С leaves
2. I.......there before. It's a very nice museum.
A was В 've been С be
3. This film is quite........
A bored В boring С bore
4. They….. to Italy next week.
A will go B are going C go
5. You.......take photos in the museum. It's not allowed!
A mustn't В must С should
6. - What happened to you? – I…… my finger.
A cut B have cut C cutted
7. The boy.......father is a dentist is my friend.
A whose В which С who
8. If I …. Mary I will tell her you called.
A saw B. will see C see
9. I ‘ve lived in France ….. two years.
A since B ago C for
10. Barcelona is …… than London.
A sunnyer B more sunny C sunnier
11. They live in Moscow,…..
A do they B don’t they C are they
12. Is there ….. sugar in the cupboard?
A some B few C any
13. My mum …. when I came from school.
A was cooking B cooked C is cooking
14. we always do the gardening….
A myself B ourselves C ourself
15. He …… shower at the moment.
A has B had C is having
Fill in the gaps with the following words
match traffic jams twisted takeaway toothache stray thriller surfing peace role
16. We really like the …. And quiet in this village.
17. The Animal Watch club helps…. animals.
18. There are a lot of … on the roads of our city.
19. I like…. the Net.
20. I get scared when I watch a …. on TV.
21. Zoos play an important …. in animal conservation.
22. We decided to order a …..
23. Buy this belt to …. your trousers.
24. What’s the matter? – I’ve …. my ankle.
25. If you have a … you should go to the dentist.