Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Текст промежуточной контрольной работы (по итогам первого полугодия) к учебнику "Английский в фокусе", 7 класс. Вариант 1
Mid test. Form 7. Variant 1
Listen to the text. Mark the sentences T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
1 Lake Baikal contains salty water.
2 A great variety of species live there.
3 It is expensive to ice dive in Lake Baikal
4 Diving under the ice should be planned very carefully.
5 Lake Baikal attracts a lot of divers all year round.
6 Lines on the ice help divers see while they are under the ice.
Read the text and choose the right options to complete the sentences.
Types of Media
The term 'news media' refers to the groups that communicate information and news to people. There are three main types of news media: print media, broadcast media, and the Internet. Print Media. The oldest media forms are newspapers, magazines, journals, and other printed materials. Although print media are less popular today than they used to be 10 - 20 years ago, many people still read a newspaper every day or a newsmagazine on a regular basis. The influence of print media is therefore significant. Regular readers of print media are usually more politically active. Many news reports on television, for example, are merely follow-up stories about news that first appeared in newspapers. Broadcast Media (радио- и телевещание). Broadcast media are news reports broadcast via radio and television. Television news is hugely important in most countries because more people get their news from television broadcasts than from any other source.
Before the invention of television in the 1950s, most people relied on the radio for their news. Many people still listen to radio news every day, especially during morning and evening commutes (ездить на работу и с работы) in big cities. Local news stations have a particularly large audience because they can report on local weather, traffic, and events. The Internet The Internet is slowly transforming the news media because more and more people are relying on online sources of news instead of traditional print and broadcast media. People surf the sites of more traditional media, but also turn to unique online news sources such as weblogs. Websites can provide text, audio, and video information.
1. News media…..
a) provide information
b) are newspapers and magazines
c) can be of 5 different kinds
2. Print media …..
a) today include Internet websites
b) are younger than broadcast media
c) used to be more popular a couple of decades ago
3. People who read a newspaper every day are usually……
a) popular in their circles
b) more interested in politics
c) 10 - 20 years old
4. Many news reports on television…..
a) come earlier than in newspapers
b) come later than in newspapers
c) are not printed in newspapers
a) doesn't belong to broadcast media
b) was invented at the end of the 19th century
c) is still the most popular source of news
a) is the oldest of news media
b) is a source of news for people who have to go to work by car
c) is broadcasting from local radio stations
7. The Internet……
a) is used by more and more people
b) doesn't influence the other news media
c) is one of the traditional types of news media
8. In the web people can…...
a) either read or listen to news
b) choose the news to read
c) only read texts
III. Vocabulary and grammar
Choose the correct item.
1. Arthur Conan Doyle creates/created the most famous detective in literature.
2. I miss the peace and quiet / hustle and bustle of the city.
3. A comedy/mystery story is about an event that is difficult to explain.
4. I used to play the piano but after/until I finished school, I stopped.
5. He spend/spent his holidays in Greece when he was a child.
6. The bear was eaten / eating the bread when Julie entered the tent!
7. I heard all my favourite songs on the radio /documentary.
8. While Laura did / was doing her homework, her best friend called.
9. That is the girl what/who lives next door.
10. Don't you have to be really fit/patient to play chess?
Answer one of the questions. Write 20-25 words.
1. Do you like reading?
2. What do you use your mobile for?
3. Are you a teenager with drive?
4. Do you have any favourite TV programmes?
5. Do you have any hobby?
- Просмотры: 750
- Просмотры: 439
- Просмотры: 231
- Просмотры: 207
- Просмотры: 461
- Просмотры: 578
- Просмотры: 849