Mid test. Form 7. Variant 2
Listen to the text. Mark the sentences T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
1 Lake Baikal contains salty water.
2 A great variety of species live there.
3 It is expensive to ice dive in Lake Baikal
4 Diving under the ice should be planned very carefully.
5 Lake Baikal attracts a lot of divers all year round.
6 Lines on the ice help divers see while they are under the ice.
Read the text and choose the right options to complete the sentences.
Family life in England
Hi, my name is Craig. I am English because I was born in England, but I'm British because England is a part of Great Britain and is in the UK. I live in a typical English family. I have a father, a mother and a sister and we all live together in a house in the south-eastern part of England. At the back of our house there is a small garden.
The day starts at about 7 o'clock when Dad and Mum get up. We get up half an hour later. We have breakfast at 8 o'clock. After breakfast my sister and I put on our school uniform. We all leave the house by 8.30. Dad goes to work. He works with computers. Mum, my sister and I walk to school. My mum has to take a bus as she teaches in a different school. I take a packed lunch to school which contains things like sandwiches, fruit and a bag of crisps. Sometimes my friends and I swap our food. My favourite subjects at school are Science and History. My favourite topic in History is learning about ancient Egyptians. I also enjoy PE lessons - we play football, netball, cricket and sometimes we go cross-country running. We usually come back home at 4 o'clock. Dad gets home at about 6 o'clock. We eat together at about 7. I help Mum to wash up after dinner. I also tidy my bedroom. In the evenings I usually do my homework before watching telly. Mum sometimes helps me with my homework. My family likes to watch Eastenders and Coronation Street (English soap operas). On Thursdays I go to karate and my sister goes to ballet on Wednesdays. I am a Cub Scout and I like going camping. I like building fire and cooking on it. It is fun sleeping in the tents too. We usually go camping about twice a year. I enjoy playing on my computer and skateboarding. I have a pet rabbit called Sooty. I bet you can guess what colour it is. Black, of course.
1. It takes Craig……..to get ready for school in the morning.
a) an hour and a half b) an hour c) half an hour
2. Craig's father works with computers and his mother is…….
a) a doctor b) a librarian c) a teacher
3. During the lunch break Craig usually……. .
a) eats in the school canteen
b) goes to his mother's school
c) eats food that he brings from home
4. Craig loves History, especially he is interested in…….
a) western countries
b) the history of the UK
c) old civilizations
5. Craig usually has dinner……..
a) when the whole family is at home
b) whenever he likes
c) at six sharp
6. After dinner Craig……..
a) reads and watches TV
b) does some house chores
c) helps his father with the computer
7. Being a Scout means…….
a) climbing mountains
b) going in for sport
c) going camping
8. While camping Craig learns to…….
a) play on the computer
c) set tents and make fires
III. Vocabulary and grammar
Choose the correct item.
1. A drama/comedy is a serious story with a lot of emotion.
2. Jennifer called/calls two minutes ago.
3. I always/used to read comic books all the time when I was young.
4. People who enjoy painting as a hobby are usually very creative/athletic.
5. Harry read / was reading the news yesterday when the telephone rang.
6. It was summer time when/where we decided to go on holiday to New York.
7. You need to have drive/patience to turn your hobby into a career!
8. I heard all my favourite songs on the radio /documentary.
9. Can you drive/leave me to my boxing class?
10. I misses / miss my hometown.
Answer one of the questions. Write 20-25 words.
1. Do you like reading?
2. What do you use your mobile for?
3. Are you a teenager with drive?
4. Do you have any favourite TV programmes?
5. Do you have any hobby?