Контрольные работы по английскому языку для уч-ся 7 кл. (УМК М.З. Биболетовой и др. Enjoy English 7 кл.)
Progress Check – 1
V – 1
I. Put in the sentences the suitable words. Each word or word combination is only used once.
communication lose give up means waste of time competitions mind tried luck missed tour win believe
1. I never take part in any … .
2. Sometimes I … the competition.
3. If you don't believe in your … , you can miss a very good chance.
4. I'm afraid he has already … his chance.
5. Every leaf … a lucky month in the next year.
6. What gave a new beginning to the history of long distance … .
7. Does she … his travelling by air?
8. Is she going to … playing tennis?
9. I hope to win the Round-the-World … .
10. I think computers are … because children become nervous, angry and tired.
II. The word in capitals above each of the following sentences can be used to form a word that fits suitably in the blank space. Fill each blank in this way.
Her family is close and … . – Her family is close and friendly.
I prefer to listen to … music.
What a … day!
I like … winters very much.
My sister hates … kinds of sport.
H. Wells wrote … stories.
III. Complete the sentences using Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect,
Past Simple or Future Simple tense.
1. We (go) on a tramp last Sunday.
2. Granny (not cook) dinner now.
3. My sister (wash) the dishes every morning.
4. His parents … already (get) up.
5. You (not eat) ice-cream tomorrow.
6. What … your brother (do) yesterday?
7. … you (play) computers on weekends?
IV. Choose the right form of the verb.
1. I would like … shopping this afternoon.
a) go b) to go c) going
2. Mark enjoys … to pop music.
a) listen b) to listen c) listening
3. Of course, you can … a friend.
a) bring b) to bring c) bringing
4. Do you mind … me with my homework?
a) help b) to help c) helping
5. I want … it to the car wash.
a) take b) to take c) taking