The 8th form
He (to eat) by 7 o' clock tomorrow.
Their classes always ( to begin) at 8 o'clock.
While she ( to read) , he ( to watch) TV.
Where he ( to be) yesterday?
Mother ( not to write) a letter at present moment.
My cousin ( to swim) at 7o'clock tomorrow.
Nick ( not to take) the book yet.
He ( to write ) a composition for 2 hours when I come.
They ( to clean) their flat by 6 o' clock yesterday.
Why they ( to tell) him about it tomorrow?
They ( to live ) in Astana for 5 years.
They ( to play) football for 2 hours before I saw them.
1. If I ( to have) a ticket yesterday, I ( to go ) to the theatre with you.
2. I wish he ( to be) with me now.
3. If the weather ( to be ) fine now, we ( to play) outside.
4. I wish I ( to live) in the country now.
5. I wish I ( to translate) the article yesterday.
3. PASSIVE VOICE.
The letters …… …..every day.
a) is written/by me b) are written/ by him c) was written/with them d) will be wrote/by I
2. The potatoes …….yesterday.
a) was/to buy b) was/bought c) are being/ bought d) were/bought
3. The article…… already …. .
a) has been/ translated b) have been/translated c) are/translated d) is/ translate
4. The soup …. …me at 5 o'clock yesterday.
a) am eaten/with b)was being eaten/by c) was eaten/ with d) will be ate/ by
5. The rules …… ….our teacher tomorrow.
a) will explained/by b) was explained/with c) will be explained/by d) are explained/with
6.The flowers …….now.
a)is watered b) are water c) am watered d) are being watered
7.A number of important experiments …….. by 5 o'clock yesterday.
a) had been made b) have been made c) has been made d) were made
4. COMPLEX OBJECT.
1.Я хочу, чтобы он пришел.
2. Я видел, как они танцевали.
3.Мне нравится, как она поет.
4. Она заставила их написать сочинение.
5. Он видел, как Ник зашел.
6. Его заставили выучить правило.
5. INDIRECT SPEECH.
1. Father said to Jane " Show me your diary."
2. The teacher said" What have you prepared, children?"
3. She said" I will go to the stadium tomorrow."
4. "Don't eat too much ice-cream." said Nick's mother to him.
5. She said to Helen " My mother cooked a tasty pie yesterday."
6. The teacher asked " Did you play chess last week, Tom?"
6. NOUNS ( PUT IN PLURAL)
man, goose, wolf, mouse, ox, child, foot, university, key, forget- me- not, radio, dingo, hero, roof, zoo, safe, volcano, potato, match, stereo, toy, passer-by,
7.ADJECTIVES ( FORM THE DEGREES OF COMPARISON)
Mysterious, big, tidy, fragile, famous, unhappy, short, good, far, lovely, modest, bad,
thin, nice, large, poor, beautiful.
TICK THE SUITABLE WORD AND COMPLETE THE SENTENSE.
If you don't understand a word, and you haven't got a dictionary, …… the meaning.
a) learn b) explain c) guess d) study
2. Oh! Are you going to …. the invitation?
a) agree b) accept c) accelerate d) understand
3." I love you," John … to Nassy, so that none of the passengers could hear.
a) whispered b) winked c) mumbled d) cried
4.I said hello to her but she …. not to notice me.
a) reminded b) pretended c) blamed d) showed
5. If you don't understand the meaning of the word, ask your teacher to …. .it.
a) repeat b) explain c) guess d) revise
2. FIND THE SYNONYMS 3. FIND THE ANTONYMS
1. to depart a) to unite 1.married a)shallow
2. to join b) to keep 2.concrete b)occupied
3.. to preserve c) to surprise 3.private c) alive
4. to happen d) to yell 4.deep d) single
5. to astonish e) to cry 5.vacant e)abstract
6. to require f) to leave 6.dead f) gloomy
7. to shout g)to love 7.bright g) rude
8. to weep h) to need 8. narrow h)public
9. to adore i) to occur 9.polite i)quiet
10. to frighten j) to scare 10. noisy j) broad
4. EXPRESSIONS WITH TAKE . MATCH THE COLUMNS
1.to take place a) to participate
2. to take care b) to give attention
3. to take turns c) to assume responsibility for
4. to take one's time d) to work carefully
5. to take part e) to alternate
6. to take into account f) to use an opportunity
7. to take something for granted g) to accept as true without investigation
8. to take advantage of h) to avoid hurrying
9. to take charge of i) to happen, to occur
10. to take pains j) to take into consideration
5. PUT THE WORDS IN RIGHT ORDER TO MAKE SENTENSES
him – give – to – cigarettes – his
Give to him his cigarettes. b) Give his cigarettes to him.
the table – and – on – is – there – two – a book – pens
There is a book and two pens on the table.
There is two pens and a book on the table.
On the table there is a book and two pens.
the novel – much – I – very – liked
I very much liked the novel.
I liked very much the novel.
I liked the novel very much.
4. where– me – could – is – the market – you – tell
a) Could you tell me where the market is?
b) could you tell me where is the market?
airport – 10p.m. – you'll – the – at – at – arrive
You'll arrive at 10p.m. at the airport.
At the airport you'll arrive at 10 p.m..
You'll arrive at the airport at 10 p.m..
5. the theatre – go – often – very – we – to
a) We very often go to the theatre.
b) We go to the theatre very often.
c) Very often we go to the theatre.
6. GIVE THE DEFINITONS OF THE WORDS
A CARETAKER, A QUEUE, A WIZARD, A DORMITORY, A PHISOSOPHER,
AN ARTIST, AN ACTOR, A DENTIST, A COACH, A PROFESSOR
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|