Progress Check – 1
I. Выбери слово, наиболее подходящее по смыслу к выделенному.
Example: dominant – b)
a) independent b) main c) merry
1) an author
a) a scientist b) a politician c) a writer
a) special b) outstanding c) real
3) to publish
a) to print b) to cross c) to learn
a) dominant b) very old c) free
5) a sight
a) century b) adventure c) a place of interest
II. Выбери и вставь слово, наиболее подходящее по смыслу.
Example: My parents are tired of the noisy city. They want to go to the country next week.
a) are full of b) are tired of c) are responsible for d) are sure of
1. Londoners are … their city.
a) famous for b) proud of c) born in
2. Agatha Christie is … her detective stories.
a) famous for b) proud of c) are tired of
3. The story of Robinson Crusoe was based on the … adventures of a sailor Alexander Selkirk.
a) special b) real c) ancient
4. During your visit to MOMI you can meet … from the past.
a) sights b) visitors c) characters
5. Parks are … in London.
a) free b) worth c) royal
III. Вставь артикль a/an или the, где необходимо.
Example: We went to the cinema yesterday. The film was dull.
1. Is … Hyde Park … most beautiful park in … London?
2. … Mrs Hill has got … son. He is … economist.
3. Let's sing … fourth song. - That's … good idea.
4. She wants to go to … South Africa … next October.
5. I didn't visit … Pushkin Museum at … end of the month.
IV. Переведи предложения на русский язык.
1. The writer didn't publish this novel.
2. This book is worth reading.
3. Would you like some more cakes? – Just a little, please.
4. A. Pushkin was born in the eighteenth century.
5. I think you are quite right.