Test #4 for the 11th grade
Choose the most suitable word for each space.
Nowadays people are more aware that wildlife all over the world is in (1)….many (2)… of animals are threatened, and could easily become(3)… if we do not make an effort to (4)…them. There are many reasons for this. In some cases, animals are (5)…for their fur or for other valuable parts of their bodies. Some birds, (6)…as parrots, are caught (7)… , and sold as pets. For many animals and birds, the problem is their habitat- the (8)… where they live-is (9)… More (10)…is used for farms, for houses or industry, and there are fewer open (11)…than there once were. Farmers use powerful chemicals to help them grow better (12)…, but these chemicals pollute the environment and (13) wildlife. The most successful animals on earth-human beings-will soon be the only once (14)…, unless we can (15)… this problem.
a) danger b) threat c) problem d) vanishing
a) marks b) more c) species d) forms
a) disappeared b) vanished c)empty d) extinct
a) harm b) safe c) protect d) serve
a) hunted b) chased c) game d) extinct
a) like b) such c) or d) where
a) lively b) alive c) for life d) for living
a) spot b) point c) place d)site
a) exhausting b) departing c)escaping d) disappearing
a) each b) land c) soil d) area
a) spaces b) air c) up d) parts
a) products b) fields c) herbs d) crops
a) spoil b) harm c)wound d)wrong
a) survived b) over c) missing d) left
A) answer b) calculate c) solve d) explain
2. Match the words with their definitions.
3. Fill in the gaps with words derived from the words in brackets.
There are many problems which (1)__________(threat) our natural environment. Acid rain, (2)__________(globe) warming and air and water (3)__________(pollute) are among the most serious ones. There are several ways to help improve the situation. Firstly, we should encourage (4)__________(recycle) because it is the(5)__________(produce) of new materials which causes the most damage. We must learn to reuse things like plastic bags and glass jars. Secondly, driving an environmentally- friendly car is also(6)__________(help).Furthermore, joining an (7)__________(organize) which plants trees or cleans up beaches would be a (8)__________(prove) that you are really (9)__________(concern) about the environment. Lastly, supporting groups such as Greenpeace, which try to prevent many(10)__________(environment) disasters, would help to ensure that our planet will be clean and safe for the future generations.
4. Complete the sentences with the appropriate prepositions
1) There is no need to switch ____ the upper light, it isn’t dark in the room.
2) The scientists should think of a way to prevent rare animals _____ becoming extinct.
3) Water pollution is caused ____human activities.
4) Air pollution has a negative impact ____climate changes.
5) Huge areas of rainforests have been cut ____for urban development.
6) The amount ____waste and rubbish in big cities is increasing.
7) Almost three quarters of the land in great Britain is used ___ food production.
8) The governments should make laws to protect the environment ___ the man’s activity.
9) The shortage __ natural resources is the result of their unreasonable use by people.
10) It would be better if you didn’t turn __ the heat in your house when it isn’t cold.
11) We need to reduce the amount ___electricity we use every day.
12) Noise pollution doesn’t only have a negative effect on animals but can also have a negative impact ___ human health.
Test for the 11th grade environment
1. Keys: 1) a; 2)c; 3)d; 4)c; 5)a; 6)b; 7)b; 8)c; 9)d; 10)b; 11)a; 12)d; 13)b; 14)d; 15)c;
2. Keys: 1.c; 2.d; 3.l; 4.a; 5.h; 6.e; 7.k; 8.b; 9.j; 10.f; 11.g; 12.i
3. Keys: 1.threaten; 2. global; 3. pollution; 4. recycling; 5. production; 6.helpful; 7. organization; 8. proof; 9. concerned; 10. environmental.
4. Keys: 1) On, 2) from, 3) because of, 4)on, 5)down, 6)of, 7)for,8)from, 9)of, 10)on, 11)of, 12)on
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|