1.Напишите глаголы в прошедшем времени:
to go - _______ to play - ________ to stop - _______ to be - _______ to sit - ________
to cry - _______ to fly- ________ to visit - ________ can _______ to drive - ________
to leave - ________ to get - ________ to visit - ________ to spend - __________
Score: ______ / 14
2. Прочитайте текст и отметьте, являются ли утверждения после него верными или неверными. Если утверждение верное, обведите TRUE. Если утверждение неверное, обведите FALSE.
For most schoolchildren summer is the best season. They have these wonderful three-month holidays. Some children go to the countryside and visit their grandparents. Others travel abroad with their families. But many children stay in Moscow because they want to spend summer with their school friends.
You can often see groups of happy children in Moscow in summer. They walk in the city centre, ride their bikes in big parks, eat hamburgers in McDonald’s, go to the cinema. Some girls like to spend time in big shopping centres. They don’t buy many things, but they enjoy going from shop to shop and looking at beautiful clothes in the shop windows. Boys don’t like shops, they prefer playing sports games like football, basketball and volleyball at sports grounds. But all children go to big shopping centres to have lunch, because you can buy cheap fast food and ice cream there.
At weekends parents don’t work and they want to be with their children. They take their sons and daughters to museums and cosy cafes. Some families go to their country houses — dachas.
In summer children don’t have any homework, so they can play computer games or watch TV. The most popular TV programmes in this holiday time are sports, different films and cartoons. Also, teenagers spend a lot of time on the Internet, more than they do during their school year.
Some children go to other countries in summer. True False
Children stay in Moscow because of their parents. True False
Children buy a lot of clothes in supermarkets. True False
Children often eat in big shopping centers. True False
At weekends parents and their children spend time together. True False
Children don’t like to watch sports, films and cartoons. True False
Score: ______ /6
3. Соотнесите страны с их столицами:
The United Kingdom a) Rome
France b) London
Finland c) Moscow
Spain d) Paris
Italy e) Helsinki
Russia f) Madrid
Score: ______ /6
4. Дополните предложения подходящими по смыслу словами:
Square, journalist, uncle, life, interest, address, dream, university, newspaper, country, stayed, abroad.
1. When people travel _________, they usually take a lot of luggage.
2. Many tourists come to Moscow. Almost all of them visit Red ____________.
3. Denis wants to be a doctor. He goes to ________________.
4. Ben is a ___________ and he writes interesting stories for the ______________.
5. There was no ___________ in the letter.
6. Mary’s _____________ and her aunt are nice people.
7. Her __________ is to become a famous singer.
8. James has a strong ___________ in farming.
9. Lily __________ with her grandparents yesterday.
10. ___________ in a city is easier than in the __________.
Score: ______ /12