Class 8 test 8
Rewrite these sentences using UNLESS.
1) We won’t buy any fish today if it isn’t cheaper than yesterday.
2) If you don’t go to the party, they’ll be disappointed.
3) I can’t help her if she doesn’t want to talk to me.
4) If it doesn’t stop raining, we’ll stay at home.
5) If he doesn’t go to the post office, he won’t buy the stamps.
6) George won’t come out of hospital if he doesn’t feel better.
2. Make conditional sentences.
If Felix (to be) ___________ here I would have seen him.
Michael would not agree even if you (to ask) ____________ him.
If they (mention) __________ this yesterday, everything would have been done.
If I (to find) __________ that letter, I’ll show it to you.
If I meet him, I (to invite) __________ him.
Would they come if we (to invite) __________them?
If the plane had left on time, they _____________ (be) in Minsk now.
If they hadn’t walked 40 km, they _____________ (not / be) exhausted now.
What would have become of us, if I _______ (come) to you then!'
What is the answer if you (add) _______ 17 to 75?
3.Fill in the gaps and complete the sentences. Use either... or, neither... nor, both... and.
1.I didn't like the new book. It was ... interesting ... useful.
2.I invited two friends, but ... Liz ... Jane could come to the party.
3.Granny promised me a nice dessert. It will be ... a chocolate cake ... an apple pie.
4.Last year I visited ... London ... St Petersburg.
5.Alex will phone me ... at five o'clock ... at six o'clock.
6.No, thank you. I'll have ... tea ... coffee.
4. Use the words to complete the sentences: come up with, addicted to, bizarre, originate, entrants, hook, towel, clubs, represent, competition.
1. Who was the first to _____ the idea of the first football world cup?
2. What team does this mascot ____?
3. How many _____ were there in the championship?
4. Did the examiner ask you any additional questions? –Thanks God, there was no time, so I got off the _____.
5. Where did the game of football ____ from?
6. Zorbing is a very _____ activity.
7. Even if everything goes wrong, don’t throw in the ____.
8. Let’s go to play golf! – Sorry, I ‘m afraid I can’t. I left my ____ at home.
9. Recently I’ve become really ____ snowboarding.
10. Do you remember who won in this _____ last year?
5. Fill in the gaps.
1. Take ___ your jacket, it’s so hot in here.
2. Why don’t we take ____ jogging in our free time?
3. The plane takes ____ in half an hour.
4. When I tried zorbing, I immediately took ___ it.
5. Who did you take ____ in your family?
6. Fill in the gaps.
1. Are you ____ favor of extreme sports?
3. Does this car work? – Yes, it’s ___ good condition.
4. Are these bikes ___ hire?
5. What have you been doing? Why are you ___ of breath?