Section 3 “Health is above Wealth” («Здоровье дороже любого богатства»)
I.Write the verb which can be used in all these sentences.
1. First you should think about what to do and make your decision, then _______ ahead.
2. It’s already evening. Doesn’t time _______ by quickly.
3. It was difficult to _______ through a really hard time last winter.
4. It is sometimes difficult to ____ through with something you have to do.
5. I’ve ______ off my work. I don’t want to do it any more.
II.Match the phrasal verbs in exercise №1 with their meanings.
1. Which means beginning to do something you planned to do?
2. Which means no longer liking something?
3. Which means experiencing something difficult?
4. Which means passing the time?
5. Which means completing something even if it is unpleasant?
III.Put the words and expressions in the box under the following headings. You can use some words and expressions more than once.a cold, sneezing, allergic reaction to pollen from grass, flu, hay fever, a sore throat, a cough, a virus, aching muscles, a temperature, runny nose, sore eyes
Cause of illness
IV.Read the dialogue below and make it complete. The words from the table will help you.
– What’s the matter?
– I’ve got a (1)______.
– Why are you sure it’s a (2)____? Maybe, you’ve got (3)_____.
– I’ve only got a sore throat and (4)_____. I don’t have (5)_____ muscles and a temperature.
Ключ к заданиям:
1. go ahead; 2. go off; 3. go through; 4. go by; 5. go through with
Cause of illness
A sore throat, sneezing, a cough
A sore throat, sneezing, a cough, aching muscles, a temperature
Sneezing, runny nose, sore eyes
Allergic reaction to pollen from grass
1. cold; 2. cold; 3. flu; 4. sneezing; 5. aching