Раскрывая скобки, напишите каждое предложение три раза, образуя условные предложения 1, 2 и 3 типов.
· E.g. If you (to be) free, I (to come) to see you.:
If you are free, I will come to see you.
If you were free, I would come to see you.
If you had been free, I would have come to see you.
If I (to see) her, I (to be) glad.
If I see her, I will be glad.
If I saw her, I would be glad.
If I had seen her, I would have been glad.
1. If my friend (to come) to see me, I (to be) very glad. 2. If mother (to buy) a cake, we (to have) a very nice tea party. 3. If we (to receive) a telegram from him, we (not to worry). 4. If you (not to work) systematically, you (to fail) the examinations. 5. If you (to be) busy, I (to leave) you alone. 6. If I (to live) in Moscow, I (to visit) the Tretyakov Gallery every year. 7. If I (to get) a ticket, I (to go)to the Philharmonic. 8. If I (to live) near a wood, I (to gather) a lot of mushrooms. 9. If my father (to return) early, we (to watch) TV together. 10. If she (to know) English, she (to try) to enter the university.
Перепишите каждое из следующих предложений дважды, образуя предложения нереального условия:
а) относящиеся к настоящему или будущему,
b) относящиеся к прошедшему.
1. If I am not too busy, I shall go to the concert. 2. They will all be surprised if I make such a mistake. 3. If he doesn't come in time, shall we have to wait for him? 4. If no one comes to help, we shall be obliged to do the work ourselves. 5. If you put on your glasses, you will see better. 6. What shall we do if they are late? 7. Will you be very angry if we don't come? 8. Will he be very displeased if I don't ring him up?
Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, так, чтобы предложения выражалт рельное условие.
1. If I (to see) John, I (to tell) him your news. 2. He (to be) very pleased if it (to be) really true. 3. If you (to go) to town on Monday, you (to meet) my brother Tom. 4. If you (to need) help, my father (to help) you. 5. We (to have) a picnic lunch if the day (to be) fine. 6. If you (to ask) a policeman, he (to tell) you the way. 7. I (to finish) the job tomorrow if I (to can). 8. I (not / to require) an umbrella if it( not / to rain). 9. If she (to think) it over carefully, she (to form) a clear opinion. 10. If they (to catch) the bus now, they (to arrive) at half past nine. 11. He (to find) the answers if he (to look) at the back of the book. 12. If you ( to want) me to, I (to come) for a walk with you. 13. If he (to write) to her, she (to answer) at once. 14. If you ( to wait) a few moments, the waiter (to bring) your coffee. 15. He (to lose) weight if he (to stop) eating too much. 16. If she ( to be) patient, I (to try) to explain. 17. I (to wear) a purle tie only if I (to must). 18. If we (to leave) at once, we (to catch) the early train. 19. If he (to do) that again, his father (to punish) him. 20. If she (drink) this medicine, she (to feel) much better.
Раскройте скобки таким образом, чтобы предложения выражали: а) реальное условие, b) нереальное условие настоящего времени.
1. If I (to know), I (to tell) you. 2. If she (to want) to talk she (to ring up). 3. Her health (to improve) if she (to sleep) longer. 4. If he (to have) enough money, he (to buy) a large house. 5. She (to feel) lonely if Peter ( to go) out every evening. 6. We (to be) pleased to see you if you (to arrive). 7. If we (to can) come on Sunday, we (to come). 8. I (to understand) Mr. Smith if he (to speak) slowly. 9. We (not / to go) by ship unless there (to be) no other way. 10 If you (not / to give) him good meals, he (not / to be able) to work hard.
Замените предложения нереального условия в настоящем времени на предложения нереального условия в прошедшем времени.
1. If she tired, she could be better. 2. He would do more work if he were able. 3. I should live better if I earned more money. 4. If I knew the answer, I should tell you. 5. He wouldn't come unless you invited him. 6. We shouldn't remember it if it weren't so strange. 7. If I had time, I would help you. 8. Peter would come if you wanted him to. 10. If you wrote more often, you would receive more letters. 11. They would prefer to keep it if they could. 12. I would buy it by myself if I had money. 13. If they offered it to me for nothing, I wouldn't take it. 14. I should break a promise if I answered your question. 15. If you swore to keep a secret, I would tell you.
Составьте предложения, найдя соответствия между левой и правой колонками.
1. If I go on a diet
a. we'll make a snowman
2. If it's sunny tomorrow
b. I'll buy you some chocolate
3. If John doesn't hurry
c. she'll have to take a taxi
4. If it snows
d. I'll lose weight
5. If there sre no buses
e. he'll be late
6. If you are a good girl
f. we'll go for a picnic
Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужное время.
John Smith is in prison. How did it happen? If John (not / to oversleep), he (not / to be) late for work. If he (not / to be) late for work, his boss (not / to fire) him. If John (not / to lose) his job, he (not / to need) money and he (not / to rob) the bank. If he (not / to rob) the bank, the police (not / to arrest) him.
Составьте условные предложения, используя материал левой и правой колонокб которые отражали бы Ваше отношение к ситуации.
e.g. Daniel had fallen ill. put on coat / catch cold
Daniel wouldn't have caught cold if he had put on coat.
1. Nick has broken his leg.
climb ladder / break his leg
2. Mr. Davidson had got a smashed car.
drive carefully / avoid accident
3. John Smithson was the second in the competition.
run faster / win the race
4. Chris has cut his finger.
play with knife / cut finger
5. Mary has got a terrible headache.
have headache / take aspirin
6. Mrs. Claydon has nothing left for supper.
leave fish on the tablet / cat eat it
Образуйте условные предложения.
1. He is busy and does not come to see us. If ... . 2. The girl didn't study well last year and received bad marks. If ... . 3. He broke his bicycle and so he didn't go to the country. If ... . 4. He speaks English badly: he has no practice. If ... . 5. I had a bad headache yesterday, that's why I didn't come to see you. If ... . 6. The ship was sailing near the coast, that's why it struck a rock. If ... . 7. He was not in town, therefore he was not present at our meeting. If ... . 8. The pavement was so slippery that I fell and hurt my leg. If ... . 9. The sea is rough, and we cannot sail to the island. If ... . 10. They made a fire, and the frightened wolves ran away. If ... . 11. It is late, and I have to go home. If ... . 12. I was expecting my friend to come, that's why I couldn't go to the cinema with you. If ... . 13. He always gets top marks in mathematics because it is his favourite subject and he works a lot at it. If ... . 14. I didn't translate the article yesterday because I had no dictionary. If ... . 15. We lost our way because the night was pitch-dark. If ... . 16. The box was so heavy that I couldn't carry it. That's why I took a taxi. If ... .
Образуйте условные предложения.
1. The travellers had no camera with them, so they could not take photos of the beautiful scenery. If ... . 2. There was no sugar left, so we had to go to the shop late in the evening. If ... . 3. This house is very nice and comfortable, but it is not very good for living because it is situated close to a chemical plant and the air around is very bad. If ... . 4. He is an excellent specialist, but I can't ask his advice because I'm not acquainted with him. If ... . 5. You cannot enjoy this merry evening party because you have a toothache. If ... 6. You know the material well enough, but you are very absent-minded, and that's why you always make many mistakes. If ... . 7. You did not ring me up, so I did not know you were in trouble. If .. . 8. You left the child alone in the room, so he hurt himself. If ... . 9. They spent a year in the tropics, so they got very sun-tanned. If ... . 10. It rained heavily, so we got drenched to the skin. If ... . 11. Why didn't you watch the cat? It ate all the fish. If ... . 12. A huge black cloud appeared from behind the forest, so we had to turn back and hurry home. If ... . 13. We shall not go to see them because it is very late. If ... . 14. Naturally she was angry, because you were in her way. If ... .
Номер материала: ДВ-466169
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: