By taking this grammar-based test you can obtain an approximate rating of your English language skills.
The test consists of four parts:
Find out what your level is by completing the following placement test. If you want the result to reflect your level of English even approximately take each test only once, and do not use a dictionary!
Choose the correct answer to go in the gap.
My boyfriend .... to the pub every night.
1. Simon .... very tall.
2. She .... like football very much.
3. How .... does one lesson cost?
4. There .... a big supermarket next to my house.
5. I .... agree with you.
6. Neil can't .... tennis. He's broken his arm.
7. .... some more tea?
Would you like
Do you like
8. Last week we .... to Warsaw.
9. I .... the film we saw at the cinema on Wednesday.
10. Magda .... in England for her holiday last year.
11. My mother .... never been to a cricket match.
12. Joanna .... her new mobile phone.
13. .... ever seen a comet?
14. If I were rich, I .... buy a huge farm in Somerset.
15. They .... pass their exam if they studied hard.
16. I wish I .... play a musical instrument.
17. When Gregory arrived at the disco, Hania ..... .
has already left
had already left
18. If I ..... on holiday to Poland, I wouldn't have met Donata.
19. By the time you get this letter I .... .
will have left
am going to leave
20. A: What are you doing tonight? B: I'm not sure, I .... to the cinema.
21. Simon forgot .... the lights before he left.
to turn off
22. It's no use .... to him. He doesn't listen.
23. Karla was offered the job .... having poor qualifications.
24. The offer was too good for David to turn .... .
25. Eric's father ordered him .... out late again.
not to stay
26. If only I .... to the barbecue instead of staying at home.
27. Not only ..... to London but she also visited many other places in England.
did she go
28. My sister ..... regretted turning down the chance of studying at the Teacher Training College in Gorzуw.
29. Now remember, you ..... the test until the teacher tells you to.
are not starting
are not to start
30. ...She wasn't ...... to reach the ceiling.
31. He was thought .... the disease in Hong Kong.
to have caught
32. My flat .... as soon as possible. It's in an awful state.
33. He eventually managed .... the door by kicking it hard.
34. There's no point .... staying up all night if your exam is tomorrow.
35. Rarely .... meat.
do I eat
I have eaten
English Grammar test (answers)