Unit 1 Keep in touch
Write what they want.
E.g. The teacher says, “Alex, learn the rule.” – The teacher wants Alex to learn the rule.
1. Ann says to me, “Wait for me after school.”
2. Kate says to her classmates, “Come to my birthday party.”
3. My mother says to me, “Read this book.”
4. Steve says, “You will study Physics.”
Ask people to help you in these situations.
E.g. Ask your friend if you can use his computer. – Can you give me your computer?
1. You have no watch but you want to know the time. Ask a passer-by (прохожего) in the street to tell you.
2. You want to wear your sister’s T-shirt.
3. Ask your teacher if can go home now.
Write pronouns instead of nouns.
1. The man met the actress.
2. I’m going to feed the cat.
3. She can’t find Bill.
4. Mike has a date with Ann.
5. Our teacher wants to talk with Steve and Fred.
Write notices for these situations.
Write a short letter to the headteacher of your school asking her to let pupils use mobile phones at school. Remember the rules of letter writing.
In your letter
Say about why you are writing
Give 3 reasons
Say that you are expecting her reply