test on mixed tenses
1If I ..... some meat will you cook it for me?
a) will buy c) buy b) bought d) am buying
2. She said that she ... her present car. She tried to find
a) doesn't like c) didn't like
b) won't like d) likes
3.We saw your son yesterday from the bus. Where ... he ... at that
a) was hurrying c) had hurried
b) were hurrying d) did hurry
4.Tom found that everything he said on the phone ... to his boss.
a) report c) was reported
b) is reported d) had been reported
5. When I speak English, all the others in the class ... at me as I don't know the language well.
a) laughed c) will laugh
b) was laughing d) laugh
6. He ... in the Army for eighteen months. This is his last month.
a) serves c) has been serving
b) is serving d) have served
7. Don't make noise: granny ... to sleep.
a) try c) will try
b)are trying d) is trying
8. A new theatre ... in the city. What a beautiful building it will be!
a) was being built c) is built
b) is being built d) builds
9. Two robbers..... in Chicago two days ago.
a) are arrested c) were arrested
b) have been arrested d) will be arrested
10.I... understand this letter. Will you translate it for me?
a) mustn't c) may not
b) can't d) shouldn't
11. My parents don't let me go to late-night disco. I ... be at home at 9 o'clock in the evening.
a) must c) may
b) can d) have to
12. Peter... apologize for his bad behavior at the lesson yesterday.
a) have to c) had to
b) may d) is to
13. My friend studied hard, and as a result he passed the exams ... of all.
a) good c) best
b) better d) the best
14. This is ... lecture I've ever listened to.
a) more boring c) most boring
b) the most boring d) not boring
15. ... old, ... young, ... rich, .......poor want be happy.
a) - c) the
b) an d)everybody
16. Someone who saw ... robbery called the-police.
a) - c)the
b) a d)those
17. According to this poem ... we need is love.
a) all c) each
b) every d) some
18They wished John and Mary happiness in ... new life together.
a) there c) theirs
b) their d) these
19. Excuse me, but does this car belong ... you?
a) to c) at
b) for d) with
20. I have known him for 5 years and I can rely......him. a) at c) in
b) to d) on
1) c; 2) c; 3) b; 4) c; 5) d; 6) c; 7) d; 8) b; 9) c; 10) b; 11) a; 12) c; 13) c; 14) b; 15) c; 16) c; 17) a; 18) b; 19) a; 20) d.
Ecology (5 hours) 10th form
1Ecological association ''Tabigat''
2Kazakhstan is my Motherland
New words and expressions.
award wheat scenic
association considerably ascent
achievement vary saxaul
environmental mild spruse
solve attitude cruelty
sewage sanctuary treatment
raw rescue reptile
urgent welfare species
process prevention amphibian
share glacier mammal
Grammar .Modal verbs.(Ecology.)
1 Must. Must not---Do not do this.
2Have to-----Don't have to. Do you have to?
Had to----Didn't have to . Did you have to?
3.May/ Might----It may rain soon. She might know Talgat.
4.May/might have +Past Participle. She may/might have returned in Astana.
5.May I/ Can I.....? May I take your pen? Can you help me?
6.Must have /Could have+ Past Participle
He could have bought some bread. She must have lost her key.
7 Should /Ought to. You should go to the doctor.
You ought to tell the truth.
Modal verbs. ( International Partners ).
He could be sick. It could start raining.
She may/might know English well.
2 .Modal verbs, polite requests.
Could you ,please
Can you, please
Will you ,please
Would you ,please
3 to be able to He is able to swim well.
We are able to speak English. Tom was able to meet us.
4.Articles with Geographical names.
No articles with: a) continents, countries ,islands, cities, mtns, towns, regions.
b)universities, ministries, ministers, names, surnames.
1Mixed tenses. 1His hands (be) dirty.He (work)in the garden. 2.I never (eat) this dish before. 3 We Just (speak) about him when he (enter) the room.4.I (be) sure i never (see) this man before. 5.-----you (know ) him? Yes ,I (know ) him for 5 years.6.When he (arrive) they (eat) and (watch) TV.
2 Modal verbs.
1. I am sorry I(may/must/have to) go. 2.Ann is absent. She (must/should/have to)be ill. 3.He didn't go to the party because he (must/should/had to) look after his brother.4(may/ ought/will)I take your bike? 5.you look pale. You (ought/can/should) go to the doctor.6.(can/must/need) you help me?
3 Gerund or Infinitive?
1.I can't stand people (cry) 2.Do you mind (open) the window? 3.Stop(talk) .Go on(read) 4.We decided (go) to the cinema on Sunday.5.She is good at(speak)French.6.She wants (help)us.6.I know what (do).7.Tom is keen on(play) the piano.8 Mary is fond of(read).
4.Answer the questions: 1 What should we do to protect our environment?
2. What are the main ecological problems in KZ?
Model 1.Health (9hours) 6 form.
5.Pollution is bad for our health.
6.Does weather affect our health?
7.Travelling for health.
angry, tired, unhappy, bored, ill
headache, sore throat, liquid , cough, fever, burn.
pollution, the environment.
seasons. foggy, cloudy, changeable.
reach. journey, ferry
when I am ill. when I am cold.
What is the weather like? It is rainy.
It is too hot. It is too cold. It is very hot. It is very cold.
Grammar material. 1.Present Continuous Tense
be+ V ing
I am reading now. I am not watching TV now. Are you watching TV now? No, I am not.
Tom is swimming .He is not running. Is he swimming? Yes, he is.
1) fog-foggy . 2)punish-punishment
rain-rainy 3.) teach-teacher
4)danger - dangerous
success - successful
industry - industrial
friend - friendly
6 7 9 10 11 классы
Номер материала: ДБ-343547
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|