I I variant
Choose the correct variant:
1) … is a large, round object that goes round a star.
a) space b) the universe c) a planet
2) … is a very violent wind in the form of a runnel of air that spins at great speed.
a) flood b) a tornado c) a hurricane
3) … is a sudden shaking of the ground.
a) an earthquake b) a drought c) a volcano
Put the words in right order and translate the sentences:
1) were, something, They, interesting, looking at, more.
2) careful, should be, spacemen, with, very, their, spacesuit.
In each line circle the words with the general meaning:
1) mountains, geography, deserts, coastlines, plains
2) lizards, snakes, animals, crocodiles, whales, monkeys
True or False.
1) A shower is a type of wind. _____
2) If it’s humid, the air will be very dry. _____
3) Heavy rain means that it’s raining cats and dogs. _____
Поставьте глаголы в нужную временную форму Present Perfect или Present Perfect Continuous:
1) I wonder if anything (to happen) to Chris.
2) This woman (to live) next door for quite a long time.
Translate into Russian:
1) While I was writing the email, the computer suddenly went off.
2) What were you doing when I phoned you?