Underline the word with the same or similar meaning.
1) to damage
a) to be out of luck b0 to hurt c) to be in trouble
2) to approve
a) to describe b) to take out c) to be pleased with something
a) ambitious b) clever c) crazy
a) bullying b) argument c) warning
a) terrible b) hard c) exciting
Choose the right form of the word.
1. It’s a ______ day, isn’t it?
a) love b) lovely c) loved
2) _______ is one of the most serious and crucial world’s problems of our day.
a) pollute b) polluted c)pollution
3) The young woman didn’t know where to look for ______
a) protection b) protected c) protect
4) He is the __________ of a popular singer.
a) manage b) management c) manager
5) It proved to be a very ________ decision.
a) wisdom b) wise c) wisest
6) I’m sure that he’ll succeed in politics. He is bright and ______
a) ambition b) ambitious
7) On July 4th, 1776 the American colonies declared their ______ from Britain.
a) depend b) independence c) independent
3. Choose the correct variant.
1. They have never listened to his music/musics before?
2. Is there anything interesting on TV/TVs?
3. Where’s the money/moneys?
4. The/ __ UK is one of the world’s smallest countries.
5. The Times generally gives lots of information/informations about events happening in London.
4. Put the verbs into the right Tense.
1) I ____________________ (watch) a very interesting film now.
2) Yesterday my friend ________________(see) you in the supermarket.
3) He already _____________(come) home.
4) I ______________ (learn) all these words by Friday.
5) Peter _______________ (do) his homework at 5pm yesterday.