1. There are _______ diagrams in this new book.
some b) any c) every
2. Are there ________ newspapers on the table?
a) some b) any c) every
3. When the teacher came in, the children _____________ .
a) danced b)have been dancing c)were dancing
4. Have you spoken to her yet? Yes, but I wish I _________ .
a) hadn’t b)didn’t c)wouldn’t
5. __________ I wouldn’t buy that coat.
a) If I were you b)If I would be you c)on your place
6. Tell me ____________ .
a) where are the forks b)where the forks are c)the forks are where
7. At the interview they asked Alan __________________ .
a) could he drive b) if he could drive c)did he can drive
8. Who ___________ you to play tennis?
a) did teach b) teach c)taught
9. My father always gives me _____________________ .
a) good advices b)a good advice c)good advice
10. I ___________ English since last September.
a) will be learning b)have been learning c)am learning
11.______ deepest of all _____ lakes in the world is _____ Lake Baikal.
a) the, the, ---- b)a, a, the c)the, a, the
12. I’d like two ____________ eggs.
a) dozen b)dozens c)dozens of
13. I miss you. I wish you __________ with us.
a) stay b)staying c)stayed
14. I’m late, _______ ?
a) am not I b)aren’t I c)don’t I
15. The other day Dad was invited to _____ school to see the headmaster.
a) the b)a c) -----
16._______________ first hand news.
a) There are b) This is c) They are
17. Harry’s room is ______________ of all the rooms but he can afford it.
a) most expensive b)expensivest c)the most expensive
18. Could you give me ______________ please?
a) a piece of advice b)an advice c)some advices
19. The weather is ___________ it was last month.
a) the better than b)the best than c) better than
20. His smile was something she ________________ before.
a) has never seen b)had never seen c)never saw
21. When we entered the room she _____________ on the sofa.
a) was laying b) lay c)is laying
22. The police ____________ to interview Fred about the accident.
a) want b)wants c)is wanting
23. Pluto is ______________ of all planets.
a) the coldest b) a coldest c)a colder
24. Do you think Americans are____________ English people?
a) nicer than b) the nicest c) nice than
25.______ Volga flows into ______ Caspian Sea.
a) a, --- b) the, the c)---, ---
26.We were told that Andrew __________ to enter that college.
a) is going b) want c) was going
27. The letter and parcel ______________ tomorrow.
a) will be post b) will have been posted c) will be posted
28. Look! The bridge ____________________.
a) is being repaired b)is been repaired c)has been repaired
29. The day before yesterday we ___________ to the restaurant by Tom.
a) are invited b) were invited c) invite
30. If I __________ early tomorrow morning, I __________ jogging.
a) will get up; am going to b) got up; will go c)get up; will go
31. If pigs had wings they ______________ .
a) will fly b)fly c)would fly
32. I ___________ at home, if you need something.
a) will be b) will being c) was
33. Mother asked the children if they ___________ some biscuits for tea.
a) have bought b) bought c) had bought
34. Why are you looking so unhappy ? – I __________ my purse.
a) have lost b) had lost c) is losing
35. Run down stairs. Your sister ________________ for you.
a) is waiting b) waits c) waited
36. My brother is very ill. He is still in ___________ now.
a) the hospital b) hospital c) a hospital
37. Her friend is in prison. She will go to ________ to visit him.
a) prison b) a prison c) the prison
38. Excuse me, where is _____ university, please?
a) the b) a c) -----
39. I am going to take a taxi. Six miles ________ too far for me to walk.
a) are b) is c) be
40.’’ Please ,be quite!’’ He told me _____________ .
a) be quite b) to be quite c) that be quite
41. I am not as clever as you. You are ________ I am.
a) cleverer than b) cleverer c) more clever
42. _______________ “ Gone with the Wind” ? Yes, I saw it on Wednesday.
a) Did you see b) Have you seen c) Do you see
43. Mary enjoys _____________ in London.
a) to live b) living c) having living
44. The house ___________ last year.
a) built b) was built c) has built
45. Tea will be ready when you ___________ home.
a) gets b) get c) will get
46. I like him. He makes me ___________________ .
a) laughing b) to laugh c) laugh
47. I _____________ here for 5 years in November.
a) shall be b) shall have c) shall have been
48. “Where is the Hermitage?” He asked me where ___________ .
a) The Hermitage was b) is the Hermitage c) was the Hermitage
49. Would you mind ___________ me your dictionary, please?
a) give b) giving c) to give
50. I’ve lost my book. – When _______________ it?
a) have you lost b) had you lost c) did you lose
*Make up 5 types of questions on the basis of the given sentence:
My sister was writing a composition the whole evening yesterday.
5.Questions to the subject____________________________________________________________
**Put into indirect speech:
The girl (to her friend) “Help me, please!”_____________________________________________________________________
The woman( to her son) “Did you sleep well?”__________________________________________________________________
Ann (to her brother) “Where have you put the money?”___________________________________________________________