Name ___________________ Surname ___________________ Form ________________
Part 1. Vocabulary
1. Напишите букву транскрипции и перевод
2. Вставьте слова из рамочки
location race skyscraper bridge colonies corner
hold importance huge
1. They respect Americans as an independent __________________________.
2. We crossed the ___________________ over the Kama.
3. This is a ________________ problem for me.
4. There is a table in the ________________ of the room.
5. Can you ________________ my bag, please?
6.- Tell me about the _______________ of the USA.
- Sure. It is in North America.
7. There were 13 _____________________ in America.
8. This project is of great ________________ to me.
9. I want to live in a ___________________.
3. Переведите слова на английский язык
7. весить , иметь вес
8. быть подписанным
9.бой, сражение, драка
Part 2. Грамматика
1. Обведите правильный вариант ответа
1. Kate … to Moscow tomorrow.
a) went b) will go c) goes
2. I … to Washington DC.
a) have already been b) already have been c) has already been
3) … Mr. Smith … football yesterday?
a) Did … played b) Did … play c) Has … played
4) The children … their homework now.
a) is doing b) are doing c) were doing
5. She … just … this book.
a) has … read b) have … read c) has readed
6. Mum … breakfast every morning.
a) cooks b) cooked c) cook
7. … you … TV at the moment?
a) Is … watching b) Are … watching c) Do … watch
8. … your sister often … to the cinema?
a) Do … go b) Does … goes c) Does go
9. Look! Bob … an apple.
a) eats b) is eating c) are eating
10. … father … coffee or tea tomorrow morning?
a) Will … drink b) Does … drink c) Will … be drink
2. Заполните пропуски. Используйте активный или пассивный залоги (max. 6)
1. This book … to me yesterday.
a) given b) was given c) were given
2. Miss Smith … me a newspaper yesterday.
a) gave b) was given c) were given
3. A lot of people … English.
a) speak b) are spoken c) will be spoken
4. English … all over the world.
a) speak b) are spoken c) is spoken
5. The film “Harry Potter” … tomorrow.
a) will watch b) will be watched c) was watched
6. They … the film “Harry Potter” tomorrow.
a) will watch b) will be watched c) were watched
3. Заполните пропуски (сравнительная степень прилагательных) max. 4
1. This cat is ____________________________ than that cat. (funny)
2. This book is ___________________________ than that book. (interesting)
3. This dress is ___________________________ than that dress. (long)
4. This film is ____________________________ than that film. (good)
8. Заполните пропуски (превосходная степень прилагательных) max. 4
1. This house is ____________________________ in our city. (big)
2. This girl is ______________________________ in our class. (beautiful)
3. This book is ____________________________ in the library. (bad)
4. Tom is ________________________________ boy in our class. (short)
Part 3. Неправильные глаголы
1. Заполните таблицу
2. Заполните таблицу
носить (про одежду)
3. Заполните таблицу
Part 4. Чтение
1. Подберите заголовок к тексту
а) American holidays
b) American Symbols
c) Winter holidays in the USA
There are a number of holidays in the USA which are celebrated every year. Here are some of them.
The 1st of January is New Year's Day. People do not go to bed until after midnight on December 31. They like to see “the old year out and the new year in”. Many people give parties on New Year's Eve.
Memorial Day is dedicated to those who fought in the War of Independence, in World War I or in World War II.
The 4th of July is Independence Day. It is the biggest national holiday in the USA. The Declaration of Independence was proclaimed in Philadelphia on July 4, 1776, when the American colonies were fighting for independence against England.
On the 11th of November there is Veteran's Day. It is dedicated to those who fell in the two World Wars.
Thanksgiving Day is on the fourth Thursday in November. In the autumn of 1621, the Pilgrim Fathers celebrated their first harvest festival in America and called it Thanksgiving Day. Since that time it has been celebrated every year.
Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December. People usually stay at home at Christmas time, and spend the day with their families.
2. Решите, какие предложения верные (true), ложные (false) и о каких нет информации в тексте (not stated)
1. Only six holidays are celebrated in the USA every year.
2. People go to bed at 12 on December 31.
3. People have parties to celebrate New Year.
4. Independence Day is a very important holiday in the USA.
5. Americans started to celebrate Thanksgiving Day in 1621.
6. Americans’ favourite holidays are Memorial Day, Christmas and Thanksgiving Day.
2. Ответьте на вопросы по содержанию текста
1. What American holidays are described in the text?
2. When is Veteran’s Day celebrated?
3. What is the biggest national holiday in the USA?
4. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
5. What do Americans celebrate on the 25th of December?