Выберите документ из архива для просмотра:
Выбранный для просмотра документ тест - spotlight 8 (модуль 7).docx
Spotlight 8 (Module 7)
I. Underline the correct item.
1. Should / May I have some information about Performing Arts Universities in Britain, please?
2. You don’t have to/can’t attend university toget your diploma. There are long distance learning programs online which canprovide you with a very good education.
3. Jack has got a headache. He can’t / shouldn’t sleep well recently.
4. Studentsmustn’t/needn’t run in the schoolcorridors. It’s against the rules.
5. Theymay/ have to leave school early tomorrow.She has a dentist appointment after school.
6. Kate has a talent in writing. She needs to / should / mustn’t take part in the short story competitionat school this month.
7. I could / can sleep for hours when I was a little girls.
8. You mustn’t / needn’t / can’t take an umbrella today. The sun is shining.
9. If Mary gets permission from her parents, shemay/must study in France next year.
10.Jake can / must / may play tennis well but he couldn’t play a game yesterday because he was ill.
II. Fill in: connectshocking • editor • timetable • text • media • announcements• download •headline • impact • plagiarism • install.
1.We found out the ............... news of Bill’s illness yesterday.
2.Jane’s ............... told her to write an articleon the state of the country’s schools for thefollowing month’s issue of the magazine.
3.Mark got a part-time job as a reporter at thelocal news station, as he wants to start career in the ................. .
4.My brother has .................an electronic dictionary on his computer.
5. Although he is being accused of ............,Peter insists that no part of his sociology paper has been copied from any other source.
6. Haven’t you heard about the train strike tomorrow? There’ve been radio ............about it all morning.
7. Have you read the ............... in thismorning’s paper? A lion escaped from thecity zoo!
8. In order to ............... to the Internet youneed a modem and a working telephone line.
9. Having the TV on while she’s studying has a very negative ............... on Jane’s abilityto concentrate.
10. All the students are given a ………
III. Fill in: for, on, away, out, about.
1. I don’t believe Jack gave ......... secretinformation about the company. Theremust be some mistake.
2. Don’t worry ............... your new job. With theskills you have, I’m sure you’ll do very well.
3. As soon as Mrs Tyler gave …….. ourreport cards, she asked us if we had anyquestions about our marks.
4. Dan has so many personal problems that it’sdifficult for him to concentrate …......his studies right now.
5. Bob always blames other people ............... hismistakes. Maybe he should take responsibilityfor his own actions more often.
IV.Вы услышите 6 высказываний. Установите соответствие между высказываниями каждого говорящего A-Fи утверждениями, данными в списке 1-7. Используйте каждое утверждение, обозначенное соответствующей цифрой, только один раз. В задании есть одно лишнее утверждение. Вы услышите запись дважды. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу.
Perfume can't be a good present for many reasons.
Best presents are presents that create shared memories.
Practical presents are not good presents.
This sort of present can be good for everybody.
Good perfume is the best present that is always easy to get.
This present is a good way.out, but hot always perfect.
Think of a person's lifestyle while choosing a present.
V. Read the text and mark the statements 1-6 True (T) or False (F).
The Attitude to Fast Food
It's OK to eat fast food occasionally but fast food is high in calories. So, if you often eat hamburgers and chips you can easily become obese (тучный, толстый). You must eat homemade food because it is healthier.
Everybody knows that fast food is cheap and quick. However fast food is not as tasty as homemade food. Young people prefer to eat pizzas, hamburgers and French fries but they should eat soup instead. Fast food companies spend lots of money to make people believe that fast food is cool. The average American eats three hamburgers with French fries a week. Is it surprising that many American teenagers are obese? Health care is devoted to create new eating habits so that we can have a healthier generation.
Obesity can lead to other diseases such as diabetes and heart strokes. This is why America now starting to fight back against the fast food companies. They are stopping serving fast food in school cafeterias. Restaurants serving traditional food are opening now.
1. There's no problem if you sometimes eat fast food. __________
2. You can get fat if you eat hamburgers
and chips frequently__________
3. Fast food is very expensive. __________
4. Schools are going to sell fast food
because it is popular. __________
5. Young people prefer eating homemade food. __________
6. Being fat can cause several diseases. __________
2. don’t have to
5. have to