May Test – 7 ____________________________________________
1. Прочитайте текст о фестивале ледовых скульптур на Аляске.
Match the statements as True /False / Not Stated
Ice Alaska is an amazing event that takes place in Fairbanks, Alaska. It brings the town to life in February and March every year. It is a wonderful event that promotes art, culture, education, international friendship and winter tourism through ice.
It was all started in 1934 by Kay Huffman and Clara Murray West. They used to organize the Fairbanks Winter Carnival, with activities such as parades and dog races. After four years, this became the Ice Carnival, and artists would carve thrones from the ice for the carnival king and queen. Each year these thrones became more complex and this was the start of the town's ice sculpting tradition.
In 1988 the festival was revived. Teams of ice sculptors came from China and Chicago to create sculptures for Winter Carnival. An exhibition followed, and in 1990 the first competition was held. A team from France won the first prize. Today, up to 75 teams from around the world compete in Ice Alaska every year.
Visitors can watch the artists at work and see all the finished sculptures in a fantastic light display. Children can have fun, too, in the Kid's Park, which offers a wide range of activities including rides, slides, mazes and trains. This is definitely an event that is not to be missed!
1. Ice Alaska assists friendship with people from other countries. ___
2. Some local people help to create ice sculptures. ___
3. The festival was brought to life at the end of the 20th century.___
4. Ice Alaska is a wonderful flower carnival. ___
5. Not many teams take part in Ice Alaska competition. ___
6. Ice Alaska is a festival which children also can enjoy. ___
2. Complete the sentences using some or any.
Let's sing songs. No, I hate singing. 2. What would you like? Give me ______ cheese, please. 3. I don't want ____ berries. - But you must eat ______. They are good for you. 4. What would you like for your birth-day? - Please don't give me _______ sweets. 5. Show me ____ photos of your holiday, please. - We don't have ____. 6. Don't put_____ candles on the cake. Give me _____bananas, please. 7. I don't have ____ pencils.
3. Complete the sentences.
1. If you eat more than you need, ____
2. If the dog keeps barking, _____
3. If I were you, ____
4. If he drove carefully, ______
5. If you have enough money, ______
6. Henry spoke to his dog as if_______
7. If I have time,________
A) why don't you buy a computer?
B) he could avoid that accident.
C) we will go to the theatre.
D) the extra calories turn into fat.
E) it could understand him.
F) I wouldn't buy these jeans.
G) the neighbours will complain.
4. Fill in little or few.
1. There is ........................ water in the cup. 2. I couldn’t give him any stamps. I had very …….......... 3. There is a lot of honey in the fridge, but there is very ....................... jam. 4. The teacher can’t believe her eyes. Tom has made very …........... mistakes in the dictation.5. - How many sandwiches have you made? - I am sorry, I have made very ................ sandwiches.6. I am sorry I have ................ friends. 7. Don’t forget to buy some milk! We have got ......... 8. It was raining. There were very ................ children in the park. 9. I’m sorry I have ................ time today, but we can discuss your problem tomorrow. 10. We’ll have ................ apples in our garden this autumn.
5. Read the text and complete the sentences with the proper form of the word.
Are young people happier today than 50 years ago?
This is a very______________ question. I have talked to many of my friends about this. They have many_________________ opinions. Young people have more opportunities than in the past. They have __________ money, more chances
to get a good ______________________.
There _____ also a lot of new technology to enjoy. There are mobile phones and the Internet. They give lots of ____________________ for communicating with friends. On the other hand, there are many pressures on young people now to have a career, to earn lots of money, to look good. When things _________________ well, you can think you are a looser.
Номер материала: ДВ-265035
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: