Choose the correct variant:
1. What is the capital of the USA?
a) Ottawa b) Washington, D.C. c) New York
2. How many states are there in the USA?
a) 52 b) 50 c) 51
3. What is the American flag called?
a) Union John b) Union Jack c) Stars and Stripes
4. The cartoon symbol of the American government is ……
a) Uncle Ben b) Uncle Mike c) Uncle Sam
5. What is the New York underground called?
a) the metro b) the tube c) the subway
6. When did Christopher Columbus discover America?
a) in 1492 b) in 1592 c) in 1392
7. How often do American people choose a new President?
a) every 5 years b) every 3 years c) every 4 years
8. What is the most expensive part of New York?
a) Long Island b) Manhattan c) Staten Island
9. What colour are the taxis in New York?
a) black b) yellow c) green
10. The building in the picture is ……..
a) The Capitol b) The Pentagon c) The White House
11. If you go to New York, you will see ……….
a) Big Ben b) The Capitol c) The Empire State Building
12. American people say …….
a) biscuits b) cookies c) sweets
13. What is the home of the President?
a) The Capitol b) The White House c) the House of Representatives
14. What do people call New York?
a) small pot b) big apple c) melting pot
15. What do American people call their police officers?
a) copper b) cops c) bobbies