Spotlight 9 Module 2
1.Complete the table.
Verb + infinitive
Verb + -ing form
Verb + infinitive/-ing form
Begin, continue, decide, hate, like, agree, love, expect, admit, advise, deny, manage,
Fancy, imagine, refuse.
2. Complete the sentences by choosing the correct answer.
1. We go ___ every week.
A. swim B. to swim C. swimming
2. He dreams of ___ an actor.
A. become B. to become C. becoming
3. It’s not easy ___ good friends.
A. find B. to find C. finding
4. He wanted ___ a new computer game.
A. buy B. to buy C. buying
5. My mum is afraid of ___.
3. Write the correct form of the verb (infinitive with/without to or gerund).
- My friends encouraged me _____________ (apply) for this job.
- I didn’t mean ____________ (hurt) your feelings.
- I must apologize for _____________ (be) rude.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate _____________ (call) me.
- Don’t you dare ____________ (talk) to me like that!
4. Fill the gaps.
1 “Where’s the station?” “Can you tell me ____?”
2 “Are you coming to the party?” “Can you let me know if ____?”
3 “How does it work?” “Can you explain __?”
4 “What’s the matter?" Please tell me ___.”
5 “Where are you from?” “I’d like to know ___.”
6 “How long does it take to get there?” “Do you know ____?”
7 “Has she reached a decision yet?” “Has she told you whether ___?”
5. Match the meaning with the phrasal verb.
MAKE FOR do again
MAKE OUT compensate
MAKE OVER put on (cosmetics), invent
MAKE UP decipher, succeed, progress
MAKE UP FOR head in a specific direction
6. Complete the sentences with the appropriate phrasal verb.
- He made ____ pretty well after switching jobs.
- I had to make _____ my home work again as I made some mistakes.
- How do you make ____ for being late to your own wedding?
- Scott made ___ the refrigerator as soon as he walked through the door.
- It took the clown 10 minutes to make ____ his face.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|