1. Match the words and the pictures:
a) Stork b) electric eel c) bighorn sheep d) hedgehog
1 2 3 4
2. Match the words and their definitions:
1) A large bird with long legs and a long beak, said to bring people their new babies
2) A long thin fish that looks like a snake and can be eaten
3) An animal with rather big horns kept by farmers for its wool or meat.
4) A small wild animal with a round body covered with sharp spikes (шипы) for protection. It forms a shape like a ball when it is threatened.
3. Put the sentences into the correct order:
However, one lonely gray cloud named Gus has the task of creating animals that are funny, but not so cuddly (pleasant).
Gus instantly cheers up and gives Peck an electric eel to deliver, which shocks him despite the protective equipment; this time, though, Peck remains in good but slightly frazzled (exhausted, tired) mood.
When Peck sees that his next delivery is to be a baby shark, he grows more than a little fearful, and flies away.
All day long, cheerful cloud people in the sky make cute and cuddly babies, such as human boys and girls, kittens, puppies, and other creatures, and give them to storks for delivery to the expectant parents.
Feeling rejected and angry, Gus unleashes (make) a brief thunderstorm, and then begins to cry with rain pouring from below him.
4. Match two parts of different Conditional Sentenceы
1) If the hedgehog didn’t have spikes,
a) he wouldn’t have made a brief thunderstorm.
2) If Peck had not been bitten by Gus’es creatures,
b) there won’t be happiness in the world.
3) If Gus hadn’t been so upset,
c) it wouldn’t hurt and prick anybody.
4) If storks don’t bring children to people and animals,
d) he wouldn’t have left his cloud.
5) If Peck had helped and stayed with another cloud,
e) it will be raining and sunless.
6) If clouds feel sad and offended,
f) there wouldn’t be crocodiles, hedgehogs and many other wild animals in the world.
7) If all the clouds created only harmless animals,
g) Gus would have been very unhappy.
Watch the video and check your answers (?).
Номер материала: ДВ-405445
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|