1.If you tell your boss off, you ___ surely be fired.
2.This is a large, luxurious house! It ___ cost a pretty penny.
3.How many times ___ you been there?
4.I've just been ___ here that man has been released.
5.When will you ___ come and see us in our new house?
be able to
6.I felt sick, ___ I went home for the day.
7.He didn't realize that he was being hurtful, ___ he would have stopped teasing you.
8.Sometimes I wonder if I ___ ever succeed.
9.Teresa ___ believe her eyes. She saw a man beating his wife on the street!
10. I always feel that my goals are just ___ of reach. I'm still unable to acquire all of things I want and that I work so hard to achieve.
11.He ___ give me a straight answer. He avoided my questions the whole time.
12.If you tell your boss off, you ___ surely be fired.
13. Ah, there you ___! I wondered where you were.
14. .Where did you ___ for your holiday in the end?
15. He refused to go until he ___ seen all the paintings.
16. I've just ___ that the price has gone up again.
17. She was annoyed that she ___ spoken to like that.
had been has been
18.I like San Francisco ___ Santa Rosa.
19.I want to see ___ Pacific Ocean in the summer. Let's go to San Francisco.
20. ___all likelihood, I will not retire this year but I do want you to know that I will probably do so in the next five years.