Тест по английскому языку «Preposition of time and place»
Choose the correct variant.
1. The plane is due to arrive ..... 19.25.
2. Wolfgang met Michaela ..... the way to work.
3. When the weather is nice Mrs Bruckner sits ..... her balcony.
4. Susanne had a headache ..... New Year's Day.
5. I saw Mrs Jones waiting ..... the bus stop.
6. I want the report ..... my desk by 5pm.
7. Paul works ..... a school.
8. Mary is going to the theatre ..... Friday.
9. There's somebody waiting ..... the bus stop.
10. I always feel positive ..... the start of the week.
11. Did you go out ..... Friday evening?
12. Susanne is ..... a meeting.
13. We met them ..... the airport.
14. My flight is ..... Monday.
15. Julia goes to her fitness class ..... Tuesdays.
16. The cat sat ..... the mat.
17. We saw a ballet ..... Julia's birthday.
18. We can have the meeting ..... my office.
19. The English examination is ..... July.
20. Ernest works ..... an office.
Тест по английскому языку "Degrees of Comparison"
Complete the sentences with a necessary form of the words.
1. This building is very high. Actually it’s ..... building in the town.
a) more higher
b) the highest
2. Richard got ..... good marks than Fred in the examinations.
3. The traffic is ..... downtown than on this road, especially during rush hours.
b) the heaviest
4. The boys felt ..... than the girls about losing the game.
b) the worst
5. I don't know much but he knows ..... than I do.
b) even little
c) even less
6. We are going to be late for the concert. Can you walk ..... ?
a) a lot faster
b) a bit faster
c) the fastest
7. Let’s not go by train. Going by bus is ..... .
b) the most cheap
c) a lot cheaper
8. I have known Liz for years. She is ..... than her sister Jane.
a) far more serious
b) a bit serious
c) not so serious
9. This is ..... story in this book. I liked it best of all.
a) more interesting
b) the most interesting
c) not so interesting
10. Philip is so quiet and obedient He is ..... child I have ever met.
b) the best-behaved
11. This dress is ..... expensive than that one.
a) a bit less
b) the least
c) not so
12. Can you tell me the shortest way to ..... bookstore?
a) the nest
b) the nearest
c) the nearer
13. I can’t walk very fast. You are younger; you can walk ..... .
a) much faster
c) the fastest
14. I have never liked studying Chemistry; it is ..... subject for me.
a) the least interesting
b) the most interesting
c) less interesting
15. I didn’t get up very early yesterday. You got up ...... .
b) more early
c) the earliest
16) Your TV is much ….. than ours.
17) This is the ….. film he has ever seen.
18) His accent is ….. than yours.
a) more correct
b) most correct
19) He is the ….. person in his family.
20) This is the ….. meal I have ever eaten.
b) the goodest
c) the best
Тест по английскому языку "Word Order"
Choose the correct answer.
1. You really shouldn't go ..... .
a) to bed such late
b) so late to bed
c) to bed so late
2. Denny was very hungry, so ..... .
a) he quickly ate his dinner
b) he ate quickly his dinner
c) quickly he ate his dinner
3. I heard you talk over the phone late last night. I wonder ..... .
a) who you spoke with
b) who did you speak with
c) with whom did you speak
4. Do you remember .....?
a) when does out train leave
b) when our train leaves
c) when our train leave
5. The food at that restaurant was very tasty; I have ..... before.
a) never eaten such good food
b) never eaten so good food
c) never such good food eaten
6. The concert is still going on; ..... .
a) it yet hasn't finished
b) it hasn't finished yet
c) it hasn't finished either
7. Sam took out his album because ..... .
a) to show us his photos he wanted
b) he wanted to show us his photos
c) his photos he wanted to show us
8. The rain ..... that it was impossible to go out.
a) was so strong
b) so was strong
c) was strong
9. Did you learn ..... ?
a) a lot of things at school today
b) at school today a lot of things
c) today a lot of things at school
10. I was glad that ..... after his recent illness.
a) John looked so well
b) John looked such well
c) John so well looked
11. It took Felix ..... to repair his car.
a) so much time
b) such much time
c) much so time
12. What ..... tomorrow morning?
a) will you be doing
b) you will be doing
c) will be you doing
13. Does Wanda ..... ?
a) write a letter to her parents every week
b) a letter to her parents write every week
c) every week write a letter to her parents
14. I ..... a very long vacation, I can't afford it.
a) usually don't take
b) don't usually take
c) don't take usually
15. I don't want to invite Nora to my birthday party; ..... .
a) I don't well enough know her
b) I don't know her well enough
c) I don't enough well know her
Тест по английскому языку "Passive Voice"
Choose the suitable variant.
1. Two men tried to sell a painting that ......
a) was stolen
b) had been stolen
c) had stolen
2. Detroit ..... as the first capital city of Michigan, but now Lansing is the capital city of Michigan.
b) was chosen
c) have been chosen
3. Robert Burns ..... a lot of wonderful poems.
b) has written
c) was written
4. The bridge ..... by tomorrow morning.
a) will have been reconstructed
b) is being reconstructed
c) will be reconstructed
5. The books must ..... by 12 December.
a) be returned
b) have returned
c) will be returned
6. The five great lakes of the world ..... in Michigan.
a) can find
b) can be found
c) can found
7. A dog ..... by the small red car.
a) was hitting
b) was hit
c) is hitting
8. He ..... responsible for the accident.
a) is holding
b) was holding
c) was held
9. A new supermarket ..... next year.
a) will be built
b) will built
c) is building
10. This dictionary ..... a week ago.
b) has published
c) was published
11. The secretary ..... to her new boss yesterday.
b) was introduced
c) is introduced
12. This house ..... in 1930.
b) was built
c) has built
13. I don't think we must ..... everything tomorrow.
b) have finished
c) be finished
14. Mr. Green ..... at the University since 1989.
a) is teaching
b) has been teaching
c) has been taught
15. People ..... this road very often.
a) aren't used
b) don't use
c) haven't used
Тест по английскому языку «The verb to be»
Choose the necessary verb.
1. My father ___ at work.
2. Trixi and Susi ___ my cats.
3. The hamster ___ in the cage.
4. They ___ in the car.
5. ___ you from Sheffield?
6. Hey John! We ___ here.
7. Paul and John ___ from London.
8. Manchester and London ___ cities in England.
9. Hamburg ___ a city in Germany.
10. Mr and Mrs Baker ___ on a trip to the USA to visit their cousin Anne.
11. My sister __ my best friend.
12. Our friends take regular exercise and they ___ healthy and sporty.
13. Sleeping too much ___ not good for our health.
14. Jane __ an attractive girl.
15. I __ a student of the biological faculty.