Jill is watching TV at home. (Where)
Jill watches TV at home. (Where)
They are playing chess. (What)
Dad is helping his son to do homework. (Who)
Dad helps his son. (Who)
They play chess. (What)
My Granny likes to watch TV. (What)
She reads books at 7 o’clock. (When)
My sister is a doctor. (What)
Charlie has got three dogs. (How many)
Jill is reading books at home. (Where)
Jill reads books at home. (Where)
They are playing chess. (What)
They play chess. (What)
We are going to school. (Where)
Children go to school. (Where)
Mary has supper at 3 o’clock. (When)
Mary is having supper at home. (Where)
They have many friends. (How many)
My sister has got two uncles. (Who)
She buys a carpet. (What)
She is buying a carpet. (What)
They are going to India. (Where)
They go to India. (Where)
Mary lives in London. (Where)
Children are playing a new game. (What)
They play a game at 6. (When)
The child plays with a ball. (What)
Bob is having dinner now. (Who)
Kate hasn’t got a pen. (Why)
1. Open the brackets. Put the verbs into the Present Perfect or the Present Perfect Continuous.
1. I just (to park) my car near the shop.
1. I (to park) my car near the country house for ten minutes.
2. Harry (to work) on the computer in the study today.
2. Harry (to work) on the computer in his room for five hours.
3. Sally already (to show) you her new flat?
3. Sally (to show) you her new flat for an hour?
4. Why the children just (to laugh) in the sitting room?
4. Why the children (to laugh) in the garden for twenty minutes?
5. Granny (to look for) her glasses lately?
5. Granny (to look for) her glasses since morning?
6. Where they just (to have) supper?
6. Where they (to have) supper since 8 o’clock?
7. With whom Mike (to listen) to pop-songs in Spanish in the living room this evening?
7. With whom Mike (to listen) to pop0songs in Italian in the sitting room for three hours?
8. What pies you (to bake) in the kitchen this morning?
8. What pies you (to bake) in the kitchen since morning?
9. What ice-cream little John just (to eat)?
9. What ice-cream little John (to eat) for ten minutes?
2. Open the brackets. Put the verbs into the Present Perfect Continuous or the Present Continuous.
1. They (to sit) round the table and (to talk) in the dining room right now.
1. They (to sit) round the table and (to talk) in the dining room since 7 o’clock.
2. Ann (to wait) for her friend near the theatre at the moment.
2. Ann (to wait) for her friend near the theatre for twenty minutes.
3. We (to stay) at the hotel in the double room now.
3. We (to stay) at the hotel in the double room since last Saturday.
4. What you (to look for) under the bed at the moment?
4. What you (to look for) in the room for an hour?
5. Michael (to sleep) in the bed room right now?
5. Michael (to sleep) in the living room since 11 o’clock?
6. Who (to stand) near the window in the sitting room at the moment?
6. Who (to stand) near the window in the kitchen for an hour?
7. With whom Sally (to fly) to China right now?
7. With whom Sally (to fly) to Japan for three hours?
8. Dave (to paint) walls in the bathroom right now?
8. Dave (to paint) walls in the bathroom since morning?
9. It what room Monica (to clear) the table at the moment?
9. It what room Monica (to clear) the table for half an hour?
3. Open the brackets. Put the verbs into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1. Ricky (to travel) round Brasil for fifteen years alone or with his family?
2. How long your friends (to fly) over the Pacific Ocean?
3. What Emily (to do) since she came?
4. How long Dave (to study) at school?
5. I (to look for) my English text book everywhere.
6. My brother (to paint) since he was six years old.
7. Whom Victor already (to write) the letter for two hours?
8. How long the pupils (to play) computer games in the hall?
4. Open the brackets. Put the verbs into the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1. The stewardess (to serve) lunch for half an hour.
2. Lolly (to watch) TV since 2 o’clock?
3. What game Andy and his friends (to play) at school sports ground for three hours?
4. How long you (to wait for) your friend to go to the theatre?
5. What languages your sister (to learn) since she was seven?
6. Roy (to collect) cards for ten years?
7. How long your family (to live) in St. Petersburg?
8. You (to go) in for swimming for two years?
5. Read a sentence in the Present Continuous and then complete a sentence in the Present Perfect Continuous using the words in brackets.
EXAMPLE: They are watching a film in English. (for two hours)
They have been watching this film for two hours.
Abby is riding a bicycle at the stadium. (since morning)
Mike and Janet are swinging in the garden. (for twenty minutes)
I am swimming in the river with my friends. (for an hour)
My aunt is working on a farm. (since she was twenty)
Phil and Emily are playing draughts in the sitting-room. (for half an hour)
Carol is travelling round India. (since June)
The boys are listening to the tape-recorder in the kitchen. (since evening)
Betty is helping Adam with Chemistry. (for three years)
My Canadian friend is studying Spanish. (since 1989)
6. Choose the correct item.
My friends ______ to San Francisco for ten hours.
have been flying
I _____ fireworks in the city park right now.
have been watching
My sister _____ Biology at the University since last year.
has been studying
While we _____ a bicycle in the yard my sister was watering flowers in the garden.
have been repairing were
The boys _____ by the river since morning.
have been fishing
I _____ just the table in the living-room.
have been setting
The man _____ across the Atlantic Ocean since June.
has been sailing
When Dad came home, the teenagers _____ in the sitting-room.
have been dancing
All of the pupils _____ forward to summer vacation.
have been looking
Rolf _____ at Mary at this moment.
has been smiling
Susan _____ her homework for two hours already.
has been doing
Mom _____ just a birthday cake for me.
has been baking
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|