EXERCISE 1: COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING THE CORRECT FORM
OF THE ADJECTIVES BELOW
Wait! Your bicycle is___________________than mine.
It’s much__________________than it was yesterday, isn’t it ?.
I think you look _________________when you wear your hair up.
The price of the batteries has gone up They’_______________than
Ann hasn’t been practicing the piano and she’s got a lot_________
His new film is much_________________than his last one. I loved
7. Tell us another joke –but a________________ one this time.
8. I didn’t win the lottery. May be I’ll be_____________next time.
9. The Russian athlete threw the discos_____________ than all the
others and won gold.
10. I think these biscuits are even_____________than the last ones
EXERCISE 2 : FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT COMPARATIVE OR SUPERLATIVE FORM.
Bob: Hi, Jane. I saw _____________1( good) film last night.
Jane: What was it called?
Bob: “ Back to the Future”. It was_____________2_( exciting) than“Top Gun” and it was_____________3 ( funny) than any other comedy I ’ve seen this year. Michael J. Fox is _____________4 ( handsome) man in the world. He is much____________5_( good ) actor thanTom Cruise. And the car! It is_______________6_( amasing) car in the world. Have you seen this film?
Jane: Yes, but I have much________________7( amasing ) films. I didn’t think it was that good actor . “Crocodile Dundee” is______________8( funny) film of them all.
EXERCISE 3: COMPLETE EACH SECOND SENTENCE USING THE WORD GIVEN SO THAT IT HAS A SIMILAR MEANING TO THE FIRST SENTENCE. WRITE TWO- FIVE WORDS IN EACH GAP.
1.I have never read a better book than this one. EVER
This is the______________________________read
2. Nobody has ever been this far into the jungle. THE
This is__________________________has ever been into the jungle
3. Liam is the tallest boy in class THAN
Every other boy in class _____________________Liam.
4. This is the niciest beach along the coast. THAN
This______________________the others along this part of the coast.
5. I read that Mount Everest is the highest mountain NO
I read that there is________________________Mount Everest.
6. This stamp is rarer than any other in my collection. MORE
The other stamps in my collection__________________this one.
7. Nobody in the class runs as fast as Pedro. RUNNER
Pedro_____________________________________in the class.
8. The painting Ed did is the ugliest one you can imagine. THAN
You can’t imagine___________________________the one Ed did.
Номер материала: ДБ-322232
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: