Употребление much, many, a lot of, (a) little, (a) few
1. Поставьте «+» при правильном использовании «much» или «many», поставьте «-» - при неверном.
We don’t have many food in the house.
I can’t give you many information about the company.
I need much apples for the pie.
How many people are there in your office?
There is much wine in the
She doesn’t have many luggage.
My son earns much money now.
They saw many snow in the mountains.
I have tried diving many times in my life.
John will have much exams next year.
2. Используйте «much» или «many» для выражения «Сколько…?».
How … days?
How … sugar?
How … cigarettes?
How … work?
How … petrol?
How … children?
How … theatres?
How … juice?
3. Поставьте «a lot of» (много) в необходимом месте в предложении.
We met interesting people at the party.
I ate fish for lunch.
She bought nice shoes for the next summer.
They have problems in their business.
There is water in the bath.
4. Перепишите вопросы, заменив some на «a little» или «a few».
Would you like some cheese?
Would you like some mineral water?
Would you like some strawberries?
Can I offer you some black coffee?
Can I offer you some bread?
Shall I bring you some biscuits?
Shall I bring you some plums?
Would you like some meat?
5. Поставьте подходящее слово из скобок.
There is too … (much/many/a few) salt in the soup. (В супе слишком много соли.)
There are … (much/a little/a few) sky-scrapers in our city. (В нашем городе есть несколько небоскребов.)
I’ve got … (much/a few/a little) albums of this singer. (У меня есть несколько альбомов этого исполнителя.)
My job allows me to travel … (much/many/a few). (Моя работа позволяет мне много путешествовать.)
We’ve got … (little/many/few) free time. (У нас мало свободного времени.)
I have never seen so … (much/little/many) stars in the sky. (Я никогда не видел так много звезд в небе.)
Anna spent … (much/a few/a little) days in Rome. (Анна провела несколько дней в Риме.)
I’d like just … (much/a few/a little) tea. (Я бы хотел лишь немного чая.)
There was very … (little/few/many) rain last autumn. (Прошлой осенью было очень мало дождей.)
Very … (few/little/much) Russian tourists are staying at our hotel. (Очень мало русских туристов проживает в нашем отеле.)
1. I don't eat mangoes. 2. Не eats fish. 3. She ate so dessert that she is in bed today with a stomachache. 4. That man drank so wine, and he smoked so cigarettes that he has a terrible headache today. 5. Mary must not eat too salt because she has problems with her blood pressure. 6. My mother says I eat too French fries and drink too beer. She wants her son to be healthy. 7. There is not too space in my flat. 8. There are new pictures in this room. 9. There are teachers at our school, and of them are women. 10. of these plays are quite new. 11. Thanks awfully for the books you sent me yesterday. — Don't mention it, it wasn't bother. 12. of her advice was useful. 13. He had pairs of socks. 14. Please don't put pepper on the meat. 15. There were plates on the table. 16. I never eat bread with soup. 17. Why did you eat so ice cream? 18. She wrote us letters from the country. 19. of these students don't like to look up words in the dictionary. 20. in this work was too difficult for me. 21. of their answers were excellent. 22. of their conversation was about the institute.
Мало домов, мало чая, мало чашек, мало яблок, мало окон, мало бумаги, мало кофе, мало статей, мало радости, мало супа, мало деревьев, мало травы, мало детей, мало игрушек, мало света, мало парт, мало колбасы, мало сока, мало книг, мало цветов, мало соли, мало друзей, мало дворцов.
l. Не has got friends. 2. I drink coffee. I don't like it. 3. We must hurry. We've got very time. 4. There are very scholarships for students in this university. 5. The Smiths have money. They aren't rich. 6. The theatre was almost empty. There were very people there. 7. There was lemonade in the bottle. There were peaches in the basket. 8. I have time, so I can't go with you. 9. He has English books. 10. There is ink in my pen. Have you got any ink? 11. There are bears in the zoo. 12. Tom Canty was the son of poor parents and had very clothes. 13. There is too soup in my plate. Give me some more, please. 14. The children returned from the wood very sad because they had found very mushrooms. 15. There was too light in the room, and I could not read. 16. There are very people who don't know that the Earth is round.
1. Robert wrote so letters that he's never going to write a letter again. 2. She ate so ice cream that she's going to have a sore throat. 3. There is mayonnaise in Vera's kitchen. She has to go to the supermarket and buy some. 4. There are cookies in the box. I should have bought them last Monday. 5. Does your sister read ? — Yes, she does. And your brother? — Oh, he doesn't. He has so books, but he reads very . 6. Have you work to do today? — No, not very . 7. Walk quicker, please. We have very time. 8. I am sorry to say, I have read very books by Walter Scott. 9. My broter is a young teacher. Every day he spends time preparing for his lessons. 10. I know very about the writer. It is the first book I am reading. 11. The pupils of our class ask questions at the lesson. They want to know everything. 12. You do not make mistakes in your spelling. Do you work hard at it? — Oh, yes, I do, I work very .
10. Переведите на английский язык следующие пары слов.
Немного денег, мало денег, несколько стульев, мало стульев, несколько песен, мало песен, немного веселья, мало веселья, мало мальчиков, немного воды, несколько человек, мало воды, мало воздуха, мало столов, несколько минут, несколько кошек, мало травы, немного удачи, несколько дней, мало работы, немного соли, несколько ложек, мало света, мало окон, несколько машин, немного сахару, мало яиц, мало сыра.
This is my mother's favorite recipe for fruitcake, and everybody says it's out of this world!
1. Put 3 cups of flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add sugar.
3. Slice apples.
4. Cut up oranges.
5. Pour in honey.
6. Add baking soda.
7. Chop up nuts.
8. Add salt.
9. Mix in raisins.
10. Bake for 45 minutes.
1. There is salad left in this bowl. 2. Would you like salad? — Yes, thank you. My doctor says it's good for my health. 3. I have money, so we can go to the cinema. 4. I have money, so we cannot go to the cinema. 5. This girl works very , that's why she knows nothing. 6. Mother gave us apples, and we were glad. 7. He did not like it at the camp: he had very friends there. 8. This lemon drink is sour; if you put sugar in it, it will be sweeter. 9. This lemon drink is sour; if you put lumps of sugar in it, it will be sweeter. 10. The hall was almost empty: there were very people in it. 11. I can't buy this expensive hat today: I have too money. 12. She left and returned in minutes. 13. I think you can spare me time now. 14. I am sorry I have seen plays by this author.
Номер материала: ДВ-268949
Вам будут интересны эти курсы:
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|