МОУ « Средняя общеобразовательная школа № 1»города Валуйки Белгородской области
Учебно-игровое мероприятие по английскому языку «Brain-ring» для учащихся 7 классов.
Подготовила и провела: Шумская Оксана Александровна
актуализация изученного материала, развитие логического мышления и произвольного внимания, поддержание интереса учащихся к изучению английского языка, развитие грамматических и лексических навыков.
компьютер, презентация, проектор, набор карточек с количеством очков, карты.
Ход мероприятия: Hello, my dear boys and girls! I am glad to see you today. Do you like to play games? Today we will play a game «brain-ring». In this game will be attended two commands are All you need to do is to listen closely to my questions and answer correctly on them. It´s time to start our game!
Участники - 2 команды - рассаживаются за двумя столами. На столах флажки, которые капитаны будут поднимать в качестве знака, что ответ готов.
1 I shall ask you some questions about London: Each team will have 5 questions from different branches of knowledge: history, geography, policy, literature, arts education. You will get one point for each right answer. If you can't answer the question, your opponents will try to do it.
1. Who gave London its first name?
1. The Egyptians
2. The Greeks
3. The Romans
2. Which river runs through London?
1. The Thames
2. The Seven
3. The Seine
3. Who founded the Tower of London?
2 .William I
3. Henry VIII
4. What is the name of the London's residence of Queen Elizabeth II?
St. James's Palace
5. What title does Prince Charles, the oldest son of the British Queen, have?
Prince of Northern Ireland
Prince of England
Prince of Scotland
Prince of Wales
6. Whose monument stands in the centre of Trafalgar Square?
Former prime minister Winston Churchill
7. Name the English city:
8. What is the town where William Shakespeare was born?
9. William Shakespeare was...
10. What theatre was organized by William Shakespeare?
Old Vic Theatre
2. Now you will see some slides! It’s your task will be to guess what these slides show:
1 2 3
4 5 6Answers:
1-London Eye 2-Buckingham Palace 3- St Paul’s Cathedral, 4-Wembley 5-the Tower of London Stadium 6- London Bridge.
3. I give you the maps and you must write down the parts of United Kingdom:
4. You must connect the names (Соедините полное имя с сокращенным):
1. Elizabeth a) Mik
2. Thomas b) Bobby
3. William c) Pat
4. Susan d) Tony
5. Michael e) Sue
6. Robert f) Pam
7. Patric or Patricia g) Bill
8. Anthony h) Tom
9. Pamela i) Liz
Answers: 1i, 2h, 3g , 4e, 5a, 6b, 7c, 8d, 9f
5. Famous people of England. Do you know them?
1. 2. 3. 4
4. 5. 6.
Henry VIII Tudor 2. William Shakespeare. 3. Charles Dickens 4. Agatha Christie 5. Diana Spencer 6. "The Beatles".
6. In this competition you`ll have to make up a story. Arrange the sentences in logical order to make up a story. Think of a title for it and write it down
Cambridge is one of the old university towns of England.
The university consists of many colleges.
These colleges are of grey stone.
Parts of Cambridge have not changed since they were built hundreds of years ago.
It is one of the most interesting towns in the Great Britain.
There are very old bookshops in Cambridge.
They are always full of people.
They look for and interesting book on the bookshops.
Oxford is one of the most beautiful cities in England.
Its university is the oldest in the country.
Every year hundreds of young people come to Oxford from school.
They spend three of four years at the university.
Tourists like to visit Oxford while they are in England.
It has many interesting buildings.
The most important street of Oxford is High Street.
Usually it is full of people, cars and bicycles.
7. In the next competition you`ll have to complete the crossword: Countries and Nationalities. Take sheets of paper and get ready to begin. The quickest and the most correct will be the best.
Crossword: Countries and Nationalities
1. He is British. He comes from…
2. She is Italian. She lives in…
3. He comes from Sweden. He is…
4. They are Dutch. They come from…
5. He was born in China. He is…
6. We come from Greece. We are…
7. He is German. He was born in…
8. She is Danish. She comes from…
9. Mr. and Mrs. Carter come from the USA. They are…
1. She is Swiss. She comes from…
2. He is Polish. He was born in…
3. My girlfriend is… She was born in France.
4. He comes from India. He is…
5. They come from Norway. They are…
6. He was born in Russia. He is…
7. She is Spanish. She comes from…
8. I wonder what you know about English - speaking countries. Try to remember all information about these countries. Will you answer the following questions?
1) Where is Great Britain situated? (On the British Isles).
2) What are the four parts of Great Britain? (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland).
3) What is the full name of Britain? (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
4) What is the only country in the world which occupies a whole continent? (Australia).
5) What is the capital of Australia? (Canberra).
6) What country is sometimes called “The World`s Biggest Farm”? (New Zealand).
7) What languages are spoken in New Zealand? (English and Maori).
8) Which country stretches from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west? (The United States of America).
9) What motto do the USA have? (“In God We Trust”).
10) What is the second largest country in the world? (Canada).
11) What is the official emblem of Canada? (the maple leaf).
12) What official languages are spoken in Canada? (English, French).
9. Now, will you solve the chainword “Town”. Find nineteen words on the topic “Town”. Take sheets of paper, please. Write down the words one after another under the chainword.
10. Do you know famous people. Listen and say who they were.
1) He discovered Australia. (Captain James Cook).
2) An English writer, whose most famous novel is “Robinson Crusoe”. (Daniel Defoe).
3) He was the prime minister of Great Britain during World War II. (Sir Winston Churchill).
4) He was the first person to be elected the President of the United States. (George Washington).
5) He was the youngest President the USA has ever had, but he was assassinated in 1963. (John Kennedy).
6) An English writer of popular books and plays who wrote 75 detective stories. (Agatha Christie).
7) He was the architect of the famous St. Paul`s Cathedral. (Sir Christopher Wren).
8) He was the National Hero of Britain, the defender of the poor people. (Robin Hood).
11. A good captain is the flag of the team. Competition of the captains. Will you give the name of each tourist sight or attraction?
1) Here you can see was models of famous people. (Madame Tussauds`s).
2) This is the Queen`s residence in London. (Buckingham Palace).
3) This building was rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of London in 1666. It has a famous “Whispering Gallery”. (St. Paul`s Cathedral).
4) MPs debate and argue here, and there is a clock tower with a famous bell in it. (the Houses of Parliament).
5) It is the oldest public building in Washington, D.C., and the beautiful home of every President of the USA. (The White House).
6) It is the tallest building in Washington, D.C., and this is where laws are made. (The Capitol)
12. In the next competition you`ll have to help Russian tourists. A group of Russian tourists is in London for the first time. They want to go for a walk along the river Thames. Will you help them? Look at the picture and fill the gaps in the appropriate preposition.
13. The next competition will be the last one. You know that the Englishmen are real pet-lovers. They keep different animals as pets at home and love them very much. Listen to the story about the man and his cat and finish it. The title of the story is “A Man and His Cat.”
A Man and His Cat
Long, long ago there lived a man who had no family. He had no wife and no children. He had only a cat. The man liked his cat very much and the cat liked him, too. Every day when the man had dinner the cat sat on a chair at the table. The cat had its plate and the man always put some meat or fish into the cat`s plate. Sometimes he gave the cat some soup or milk with some bread in it.
One day the cat came into the room and … (put a large rat into the man`s plate. You see, the cat wanted to thank the man for the food that the man had given it every day for a number of years.)
Команды предлагают свои варианты окончания текста. Учащиеся из зала помогают командам.
Thank you very much, friends, for your participation in our competitions. You`ve worked very well today. Our programme is over and our judges are summing up.
Подводятся итоги. Команда-победитель получает главный приз, остальные школьники, принимавшие участие в работе, – открытки, сувениры.
1.Е.В. Дзюрина Игровые уроки и внеклассные мероприятия на английском языке5-9 классы .-М.:ВАКО,2007.-144с.2007
Иллюстрации : http://images.yandex. ru
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.