1. The capital of Northern Island is . 12. The Tower of London was started by .
a) Dublin a) Julius Caesar
b) Cardiff b) William the Conqueror
c) Belfast c) Henry 8
2. The British flag is often called . 13.Sir Christopher Wren built .
a) the Union Jack a) Buckingham Palace
b) the Stars and Stripes b) Madam Tussaud`s Museum
c) the Maple Leaf c) St Paul`s Cathedral
3. The highest mountain in the UK is . 14. The Beatles started their career in .
a) Ban Nevis a) London
b) Mont Blanc b) Liverpool
c) Mount McKinley c) Birmingham
4. The famous British newspaper which is printed
on pink paper is .
a) The Times 15. British football fans
b) The Guardian a) are the most indifferent fans in the world
c) The Financial Times b) are very reserved
5. The kilt is . c) have a very bad reputation in Europe for their
a) a shirt behaviour
b) a skirt
c) a pair of trousers
6. The mysterious Loch Ness Monster is from .
7. Stonehenge is about years old.
a) 40 b) 400 c) 4000
8. British kings and queens are crowned at .
a) Westminster Abbey
b) St Paul`s Cathedral
c) Buckingham Palace
9. Madam Tussaud`s is a museums of .
a) wax figures
b) western paintings
c) ancient coins
10. Nelson`s Column is situated in
a) Downing Street
b) Piccadilly Circus
c) Trafalgar Square
11. The London Underground is often called .
a) the box
b) the channel
c) the tube