Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, поставив глаголы в фоpму Past Continuous.
While I ___________ (to copy) the exercise, my friends __________ (to describe) a picture. When we came in, the children __________ (to clean) their desks. We met her at the bus stop. She ___________ (to wait) for the bus. Some of the children ________ (to ski) while other children ___________ (to skate). Everybody __________ (to have) a lot of fun. When we came the family ________ (to get) everything ready for Christmas. Bob and Helen _________ (to decorate) the Christmas tree. The girls _________ (to feed) the birds in the garden while the boys _______ (to make) a bird-house.
Упражнение 2. Прочитайте текст, переведите. Подчеркните глаголы в форме Past Continuous. Ответьте на вопрос: . Who broke the window ?
At 7 o’clock the match started on TV, so Dad was still watching it at 7.30. Mum was sitting in the kitchen. She was quietly reading a woman’s magazine. Rosie was trying on her Mum’s clothes in her room. Nick’s cousins were listening to rock music. It was very loud so they didn’t hear the crash. At 7.30 the dogs were lying in front of the fire and they were sleeping. Nick went into the garden with his friend to play football. So at 7.30 he was still there.
Упражнение 3. Допишите предложения по содержанию текста предыдущего упражнения, используя глаголы в Past Continuous.
1. When someone broke the window Dad _________________ 2. When Mum heard the crash she ___________________ 3. The cousins didn’t hear the noise because they ____________________ 4. The dogs when the noise woke them up. ______________ 5. At 7.30 Nick ________________
1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. She (to cook) yesterday.
2. She (to cook) at three o'clock yesterday.
3. She (to cook) from two till four yesterday.
4. I (not to read) at five o'clock.
5. I (not to read) when you came in.
6. What he (to do) when I came?
7. What he (to do) the whole day yesterday?
8. Pete (to water) flowers in the garden yesterday.
9. Pete (to water) flowers in the garden at five o'clock yesterday.
10. What Pete (to do) when I came to see him?
2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. When my father (to come) home, I (to have) dinner.
2. When Alice (to return), I (to listen) to the radio.
3. When mother (to enter) his room, he (to draw) a picture.
4. When my sister (to come in), I (to do) my lessons.
5. When her aunt (to air) the room, she (to catch) cold.
6. When I (to meet) her, she (to go) to the office.
7. He (to wash) his face when somebody (to knock) at the door.
8. The young people (to dance) when I (to come) to the party.
9. When he (to wash) the dishes, he (to break) a plate.
10. What they (to do) when you (to see) them?
3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. Не (not to open) the window before classes yesterday.
2. I (to hurry) to the library when I (to meet) him.
3. She (to translate) a lot of articles at the office last week.
4. We (to smoke) in the room when he (to see) us.
5. We (to pack) our things when our taxi (to come).
6. The day before yesterday he (to finish) his work at seven o'clock.
7. What he (to do) ten years ago? – He (to study) at school.
8. Yesterday I (to ask) my friend not to ring me.
9. My father (to write) a very interesting article last month.
10. She (to come) home at eleven o'clock that's why she (not to call) you.
Read more at: