Упражнения по английскому языку на тему "Past Simple or Prsent Perfect"
Past Simple or Present Perfect. Exercises.
Упражнение 1. Complete the pairs of sentences. Use the Present Perfect in one sentence and the Past Simple in the other.
I (know) _______ her for six years. I (know) _______ him when I was at school.
He (live) _______ in Paris from 1997 to 2000.He (live) _______ in New York since 2001.
Where's Pete? I (not see) _______ him for ages. I (not see) _______ Pete last night.
We (be) _______ at primary school from 1993 to 1998.We (be) _______ in this class since September.
I (not watch) _______ this video yet.I (not watch) _______ a video at the weekend.
Упражнение 2. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. I ________ (never/ be) to the USA. I ______ (want) to go there last summer but I couldn’t.
2. He _______ (live) in this street all his life.
3. His father ________ (come back) to London last Sunday.
4. Yan __________ (write) a letter to Nick two days ago.
5. He ________ (send) his letter yesterday.
6. They ________ (just/ buy) some postcards.
Упражнение 3. Fill in last night, ever, ago, just, yet, always in the right place.
1. Nick’s uncle went to Russia 3 years. 2. Mr. Rambler has come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has wanted to visit Belarus. 4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan.
5. They haven’t visited this old castle.
Упражнение 4. Choose the correct option.
She has /‘s had a moped since she was 15.
We took /‘ve taken a taxi to town that morning.
We played /'ve played volleyball last night
I'm really hungry. I didn’t eat / haven’t eaten since last night.
They visited/ ‘ve visited Colorado last summer.
Упражнение 5. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. Maria (get) ______ some bad news last week. She (be) ______ sad since she (get) ______ the bad news.
2. I (start) ______ school when I was five years old. I (be) ______ at school since I (be) ______ five years old.
3. I (change) ______ my job three times this year.
4. I (change) ______ my job three times last year.
5. The weather was hot and dry for many weeks. But two days ago it (rain) ______.
6. Tom (break) ______ his leg five days ago. He’s in hospital. He (be) ______ in hospital since he (break) ______ his leg.
7. Are you going to finish your work before you go to bed? — I (finish) ______ it (already). I (finish) ______ my work two hours ago.
Упражнение 6. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. I (have, just) ______ a nice pot of coffee. Would you like a cup?
2. I (see, not) ______ Steve this morning yet.
3. Carol and I are old friends. I (know) ______ her since I (be) ______ a freshman in high school.
4. Maria (have) ______ a lot of problems since she (come) ______ to this country.
5. I (go) ______ to Paris in 2003 and 2006.
6. A car came round the corner and I (jump) ______ out of the way.
7. Don’t throw the paper away because I (not to read) ______ it yet.
8. Is Jim going to eat lunch with us today? — No. He (eat) ______ (already).He (eat) ______ lunch an hour ago.
9. Since we (start) ______ doing this exercise, we (complete) ______ some sentences.
10. I (be) ______ never to Italy.
Упражнение 7. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. You (ever work) ______ in a shop?
2. I (work) ______ at my uncle’s shop when I was younger.
3. It’s the first time I (be) ______ on a ship.
4. Ann is looking for her key. She can’t find it. She (lose) ______ her key.
5. How many symphonies Beethoven (compose) ______?
6. Look! Somebody (spill) ______ ink on the notebook.
7. You (have) ______ a holiday this year yet?
8. You (see) ______ any good films recently?
9. He (have, not) ______ any problems since he (come ) ______ here.
Упражнение 8. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Present Perfect
1. I (cut) ______ some flowers from my garden yesterday. I (cut) ______ lots of flowers from my garden so far this summer.
2. I (not / see) ______ Tom lately.
3. The artist (draw) ______ a picture of sunset yesterday. She (draw) ______ many pictures of sunsets in her lifetime.
4. I (feed) ______ birds at the park yesterday. I (feed) ______ birds at the park every day since I (lose) ______ my job.
5. Ann (wake up) ______ late and (miss) _______ her breakfast on Monday.
6. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove after dinner. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove a lot of times in my lifetime.
7. The children (hide) ______ in the basement yesterday. They (hide) ______ in the basement often since they (discover) ______ a secret place there.
8. The baseball player (hit) ______ the ball out of the stadium yesterday. He (hit) ______ a lot of homeruns since he (join) ______ our team.
9. We first (meet) ______ in 2001. So we (know) _______ each other for 8 years.
Present Perfect: have/has если правильные глаголы ed have/has если неправильные глаголы III форма
слова-спутники Present Perfect: already (уже), just (только что), yet (еще), since (с тех пор как), ever (когда либо), never (никогда), recently (недавно), for 5 year (5 лет)
действие окончено к данному моменту речи и есть результат,
период времени еще не окончен, например: на этой неделе, в этом месяце, в этом году,
когда говорим о новостях,
Когда речь идет о жизни и достижениях живых людей, В вопросах после вопросительного слова: How long...?,
Если рассказываем о недавнем событии, о новотси, то сама новость передается в Present Perfect, а его детали и подробности (время, место) в Past Simple.
Past Simple: если правильные глаголы ed если неправильные глаголы II форма
слова-спутники Past Simple: last… (в прошлом ...), ...ago (назад), yesterday (вчера), in 1995( в .........году)
Действие не относится к настоящему моменту, Действие началось и закончилось в прошлом.
Когда период, за который произошло действие, завершен и данное действие не может повториться в дальнейшем за этот период.
Когда говорим об исторических событиях.
Когда речь идет о жизни и достижениях людей, которых нет в живых.
В вопросах после вопросительных слов: When...? How long ago...? Повествование о прошлом событии, когда все события следуют друг за другом.
Упражнение 9. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. She (change) ______ a lot since she left school. 2. I (see) ______ this film and I don’t want to see it again. 3. We first (meet) ______ in 2001. So we (know) _______ each other for 8 years. 4 Tom Hanks (win) ______ an Oscar several times already. 5. Long ago, they (build) ______ most houses out of wood. 6. Scientists still (not/find) ______ a cure for cancer. 7. Sean (eat, never) ______ Chinese food before. 8. In my first job, I (be) ______ responsible for marketing.9. The last job I (apply) ______ for required applicants to speak some Japanese. 10. The first modern Olympics (take) ______ place in Athens more than a hundred years ago. 11. I am writing in connection with the advertisement which (appear) ______ in December.
Упражнение 10. Найдите ошибки
We lived here since 1997.
I've been ill since two days.
How long do you know him?
Susie has seen a good film last night.
We've finished our homework just.
I've already wrote three letters.
Упражнение 11. Complete the sentences. Use the Present Perfect or the Past Simple.
Helen: That's a nice tennis racket. Is it new?
Andy: No, (I/have) ________ it for about a year, but ( I/not play) _______ with it very much. ( I/buy) ________ it in Florida.
Helen: When ( you/go) ________ to America?
Andy: ( I/go) ________ there with my family in the spring.
Helen: What was it like?
Andy: Great! (I/stay) ___________ with my penfriend.
Helen: Is your penfriend American?
Andy: Yes. ( I/have) ________ an American penfriend for two years. (he/come) __________ to England last summer.
Helen: (I/not meet) _______ him.
Andу: No, (you/be) ______ on holiday in Turkey.
Упражнение 12. Choose the correct form of the verb.
We went/ ‘ve been to the seaside last summer.
I finished / ‘ve finished my homework. Can I go out now?
I was /‘ve been ill three month ago.
Have you been / Did you to the shop? I need some stamps.
My hobby is fishing. I’ve caught / caught a lot of fish.
Jenny is in Oxford today, but she was /has been in London yesterday.
I played /'ve played basketball when I was younger, but l don’t play now.
I’ve already seen / already saw 'Shrek'.
Julie has been / was ill since Tuesday.
I didn't see / haven't seen Josh since 1998.
We've stayed / stayed at our grandparents for three days. We arrived home yesterday.
Exercise 1.1 have known / knew, 2 lived / has lived, 3 haven’t seen / didn’t see, 4 were / have been, 5 haven’t watched / didn’t watch
Exercise 2.1 have never been / wanted, 2 has lived, 3 came back, 4 wrote, 5 sent, 6 have just bought
1. Nick’s uncle went to Russia 3 years ago.
2. Mr. Rambler has just come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has always wanted to visit Belarus.
4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan last night.
5. They haven’t visited this old castle yet.
6. Have you ever been to England.
Exercise 4.1 ‘s had, 2 took, 3 played, 4 haven’t eaten, visited
Exercise 5.1 got / has been / got, 2 started, have been / was, 3 have changed, 4 changed, 5 rained, 6 broke / has been / broke, 7 have already finished / finished
Exercise 6.1 have just had, 2 haven’t seen, 3 have known /was, 4 has had / came, 5 went, 6 jumped, 7 haven’t read, 8 has already eaten / ate, 9 started /have completed, 10 have never been
Exercise 7.1 have you ever worked, 2 worked, 3 have been, 4 has lost, 5 did Beethoven compose, 6 has spilt, 7 have you had, 8 have you seen, 9 hasn’t had / came
Exercise 81 cut / have cut, 2 haven’t seen, 3 drew / has drawn, 4 fed / have fed /lost, 5 woke up / missed, 6 forgot / have forgotten, 7 hid / have hidden / discovered, 8 hit has / hit / joined, 9 met / have known
Exercise 9.1 has changed, 2 have seen, 3 originated, 4 has won, 5 built, 7 has never eaten, 8 was, 9 applied, 10 took, 11 appeared
Exercise 10.Moved, have lived, met, have known, haven’t seen, have been, didn’t like, didn’t have.
Exercise 11.1 lived -> have lived, 2 since -> for, 3 do you know -> have you known, 4 has seen -> saw, 5 We've finished our homework just. -> We've just finished our homework, 6 wrote -> written
Have had, haven’t played, bought, did you go, went, stayed, have had, came, didn’t meet, were
1 went, 2 ‘ve finished, 3 was, 4 Have you been, 5 I’ve caught, 6 was, 7 played, 8 I’ve already seen, 9 has been, 10 haven’t seen, 11 stayed, 12 went, 13 ‘ve had, 14 waited
- Просмотры: 3361
- Просмотры: 213
- Просмотры: 187
- Просмотры: 167
- Просмотры: 234
- Просмотры: 272