Задание 1. Раскройте скобки, преобразовывая прилагательное в наречие.
Пример: Linda is ... (amazing) clever. - Linda is amazingly clever.
1. She ... (easy) ended her training.
2. Kim always acts ... (strange).
3. This movie is ... (extreme) funny.
4. His eyes are ... (nervous) shifty.
Задание 2. Из двух возможных вариантов, оставьте один верный.
Пример: My friends are most / mostly gamers. - My friends are mostly gamers.
1. The dress was pretty / prettily ornamented.
2. The tree was so high / highly that she couldn't see our window.
3. The Smiths may be late / lately because they have to meet their relatives at the station.
4. She warm / warmly smiled at me.
5. She lives in Spain, so we hard / hardly ever see her.
Задание 3. Поставьте наречие в скобках на нужное место в предложении.
Пример: Simon is alone in that building. (absolutely) - Simon is absolutely alone in that building.
1. Lucy visits her parents at the weekend. (always)
2. A pathologist examined the body. (carefully)
3. I saw him at the cafe. (yesterday)
4. I'm looking for him. (everywhere)
5. I'll call you. (then)
Задание 4. Поставьте наречие в скобках в нужную степень сравнения.
Пример: We don't have time! Could you go ... (fast)? - We don't have time! Could you gofaster?
1. Excuse me, I can't concentrate. Could you speak ... (quietly)?
2. They came ... (soon) than we thought.
3. After renovation in our flat we will feel ... (comfortably).
4. The winner of the beauty contest acted ... (gracefully).
Задание 5. Заполните пропуски словами too или enough по смыслу.
Пример: The soup was ... hot to eat. - The soup was too hot to eat.
1. This house was ... expensive for us.
2. I have ... time to speak with you.
3. James wasn't good ... for her.
Задание 6. Из двух вариантов выберите один верный.
He is good/well at playing tennis.
My sister drives very careful/carefully.
That cake tastes delicious/deliciously.
They live together happy/happily.
This book makes me feel sad/sadly.
Задание 7. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степени от данных прилагательных.
Задание 8. Составьте предложения, используя сравнительную степень прилагательных.
Horse/big/dog – A horse is bigger than a dog.
5. Your ring/beautiful/mine
Задание 9. Поставьте прилагательные в скобках в превосходную степень.
Everest is………(high) mountain in the world.
A whale is…………(big) animal on our planet.
He is the…………(good) student in our class.
This is……………(interesting) story by Dickens.
I am……………(happy) man in the world.
Задание 10. Исправьте ошибки в предложениях.
He is the most oldest student in his group.
You are taller then me.
My car is beter than his.
It is one of most beautiful lakes in the world.
These flowers are more cheap than those ones.
Задание 11. Поставьте прилагательное в скобках в нужную форму.
The Volga is…………(long) river in Europe.
Life in the country is…………(relaxing) than in the city.
He is one of…………(rich) people in the world.
My house is…………(modern) than yours.
The weather today is……………(good) than it was yesterday.
1. Lucy always visits her parents at the weekend.
2. A pathologist carefully examined the body. / A pathologist examined the body carefully.
3. I saw him at the cafe yesterday.
4. I'm looking for him everywhere.
5. I'll call you then. / Then I'll call you.
1. more quietly
3. more comfortably
4. most gracefully
hot – hotter – (the) hottest
small – smaller – (the) smallest
happy – happier – (the) happiest
expensive – more expensive – (the) most expensive
bad – worse – (the) worst
Mary is more polite than Ann.
A car is faster than a bike.
English is easier than German.
Sam is taller than John.
Your ring is more beautiful than mine.
the most interesting
He is the oldest student in his group.
You are taller than me.
My car is better than his.
It is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
These flowers are cheaper than those ones.