Поставь глаголы в скобках в нужную форму - Past Continuous или Past Perfect Continuous.
1. Jim was on his hands and knees on the floor. He ________ (look) for his cigarette lighter.
2. We ________ (walk) along the road for about 20 minutes when a car stopped and the driver offered us a lift.
3. When I arrived, everyone was sitting round the table with their mouths full. They ____________ (eat).
4. When I arrived, everyone was sitting round the table and talking. Their mouths were empty but their stomachs were full. They ____________ (eat).
5. When I arrived, Ann ________(wait) for me. She was rather annoyed with me because I was late and she (wait) for me a very long time.
Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect progressive).
We (sleep) for 12 hours when he woke us up.
They (wait) at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
We (look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
I (not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
How long (learn / she) English before she went to London?
Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he (sing) in the rain too long.
He (drive) less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
They were very tired in the evening because they (help) on the farm all day.
I (not / work) all day; so I wasn't tired and went to the disco at night.
They (cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.