Артемівський міський відділ освіти Артемівської міської ради
Міське методичне об`єднання вчителів англійської мови
Вправи на формування та удосконалення граматичних навичок з англійської мови в 5 класі
вчитель англійської мови
1. Write in plurals (поставьте следующие существительные во множественное число)
a. diary –
b. sheep –
c. book –
d. cherry –
e. fish –
f. baby –
h. match –
i. bus –
j. watch –
2. What are these irregular plurals (напишите во множественном числе существительные-исключения)
a. woman –
b. mouse –
c. tooth –
d. foot –
e. man –
f. child –
g. goose –
h. ox –
3. Write in singular (поставьте следующие существительные в единственное число)
a. glasses –
b. potatoes –
c. foxes –
d. brushes –
e. geese -
4. Find ten plural words (найдите 10 слов во множественном числе)
5. Find five plural words in the text (найдите 5 существительных во множественном числе в тексте)
6. Choose one of the correct variants
1. one leaf - two ...
2. one child - three ...
one box - twenty ...
3. one tooth - thirty-three ...
4. one man - five ...
5. one fly - fifty ..
The Possessive Case
1. Underline the correct words in bold (Подчеркните правильное слово выделенное черным шрифтом).
a. “Who is she?” “She’s Tom’s and Bob’s / Tom and Bob’s sister.
b. “Is this Paul / Paul’s?” “No, this is mine.”
c. “What’s your father’s / father name?
d. Where are the children’ / the children’s books?
e. This is the leg of / the leg’s the table.
f. Helen’s / Helens ball is green and white.
2. Write ’s in the correct place in the sentences as in the example (Поставьте’s в нужное место в предложении, как в примере).
a. Tom is Liza’s cousin.
b. Is this Bob car?
c. Where’s Billy bag?
d. It’s Sara birthday on Monday.
e. What’s your wife name?
f. Peter is my brother friend.
g. Diana flat is in the centre of London.
h. My uncle name is Jack.
1) Underline the correct answer (Подчеркни правильный ответ).
a. Liza is Ted’s wife / grandmother.
b. Gary is Ken’s brother / cousin.
c. Bob is Monica’s grandfather / grandmother.
d. Ted is Ken and Gary’s father / uncle.
e. Caroline is Gary’s aunt / mother.
f. Harry is Caroline’s father / husband.
2) Look at the family tree and complete the sentences as in the example (Посмотри на семейное древо и заполни пропуски как в примере).
a. Harry is Caroline’s husband.
b. Monica is…………………………….daughter.
c. Lucy is…………………….mother.
d. Ken and Gary are…………….cousins.
e. Bob is ……………………..father.
f. Liza is……………..sister.
4.Correct the mistakes as in the example (Исправьте ошибки, как в примере).
a. Is that Tom’s and Peter umbrellas. Tom and Peter’s
b. The black hat is Toms’.
c. The roof’s house is grey.
d. When is your mothers birthday?
e. The bags are those women’.
f. Mice’s tails are grey.
g. Carols father lives in the countryside.
Divide the nouns according to the Article
2. Put the Article where it is necessary.
1.This is … clock. 2. This is … Kiev. 3. … Kiev is … big city. 4. Mary is … girl. 5. She is … my sister. 6. This is … room. 7. Is … newspaper in … bag? 8. She is in … room. 9. Is … teacher in … classroom? 10. Is … your room large? 11. Is … pen in … bag? 12. Are you … students? 13. My friend has … children. 14. … sportsmen are always in good form. 15. … children we saw in … street are schoolboys. 16. She lives in … 1st street.
Examples: It is clear. I see it clearly.
1. It is (correct, correctly).
2. Spell the word (correct, correctly).
3. You know it (good, well).
4. Of course it is (good, well).
5. It is (cold, coldly) in the room.
6. Don’t look so (cold, coldly) at me.
7. It is (easy, easily).
8. I can do it (easy, easily).
9. It is (warm, warmly) today.
10. He always greets us (warm, warmly).
2. Give the Comparative and Superlative Degrees.
Sad, grey, bad, old, happy, free, far, dry, big, near, shy, unusual, able, mountainous, little, polite, famous, well-known, heavy.
3. Put adjectives into correct forms.
1. John is (young) of the 3 brothers.
2. The Sun is (bright) the Moon.
3. Is the diameter of Jupiter (big) than that of the Earth?
4. That room is (light) than yours.
5. This room is (large) than the one upstairs.
6. It doesn’t take (much) than four days to cross the Atlantic, does it?
4. Choose the correct form of an adjective.
1. Jane is the (taller — tallest) of the 2 girls.
2. Father was the (eldest — elder) of seven sons.
3. Albert is (elder — older) than John.
4. I think your plan is the (best — better) of the two.
5. This is the (most large-largest) power — station, I’ve ever seen.
6. Henry is the (oldest — eldest) of the 3 brothers.
1. Write the following cardinal numerals with letters and make the corresponding ordinal numerals.
1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 11; 12; 14; 15; 21; 25; 28; 30; 52; 67; 74; 83; 99; 100.
2. Write it in English.
1. 245; 533; 816.
2. 3,562; 7,324.
3. Сто книг; сотня страниц; сотни людей.
4. Тысяча машин; тысячи людей; миллион книг.
5. 2+3=5; 7-4=3; 3х5=15; 10:2=5.
6. 1 Января; 8 Марта.
7. Глава 5; автобус 6.
8. 3.45; 8.09.
9. 2/3; 4/5.
Put the verbs in correct form.
Kate (to drink) tea every morning.
We (to play) football every day.
He (to be) a pupil.
My sister (to get up) at 7 o’clock.
They (to leave) home at 8.30 every morning.
My mother (to be) busy on Sunday.
We (to arrive) home late.
The children always (to do) homework.
They (to read) the newspapers every evening.
We often (to drink) tea together.
She (to have)a new dress.
Make sentences negative.
I run very fast.
He runs very fast too. .
We often sleep in the garden.
Her sister leaves home early.
Sally opens the window in her room when it is hot.
Mr. Bay often goes to the cinema with his son.
My Mammy swims very well.
We swim well too.
She always makes a lot of mistakes.
The Olympic Games take place every 5 years.
Put do or does.
The Dillons …n’t live at 45 Green Street.
…She come home late?
We … n’t do homework every evening.
…. They get up early?
…my brother visit our grandmother every Sunday?
He … n’t know these rules.
My parents … n’t work at this plant.
The girl …n’t play the piano.
Our friends … n’t like reading.
These boys … n”t play football.
Ask the common questions.
Не reads books almost every day.
She does her home work properly.
My mother knits very well.
I often write letters to my friends.
They play football very well.
It snows all winters here.
We have dinner at 2 o’clock almost every day.
It rains all days in Summer.
You usually tell an interesting stories.
The girl draws the nice pictures at her lessons on Art.
Ask the alternative questions.
My sister gets up at eight o'clock.
We go to school in the afternoon.
Jane is fond of sports.
She does her morning exercises every day.
They have two eggs, a sandwich and a cup of tea for breakfast.
It takes him two hours to do his homework.
My friends speak French well.
My working day begins at seven o'clock.
My father and I leave home at eight o'clock.
He takes a bus to his office
Ask the special questions.
Kate reads a lot of books.
He works in the bank.
I watch TV every day.
They live in England.
My mother teaches children.
We play tennis every weekend.
The film finishes at 10 o’clock.
They go to Moscow almost every summer.
We start work at 8.30.
I enjoy playing darts.
Put the questions to the subject.
Tom usually helps about the house.
They speak a lot of languages.
The smith works with metal.
Potters make nice things
They discus a lot of questions every meetings.
I usually play tennis with my friends.
The competitions take place almost every month.
He goes to the seaside every Summer.
Our headmaster comes to school early.
The students pass exams twice a year.
Ask the special questions? Using the words from the gaps.
Paul plays tennis very well. (How)
Many birds fly south every summer. (How often)
Jack usually goes to work on Saturdays. ( When)
France has a lot of high mountains. (What)
You always wear glasses. (What)
Most of the students study well. (How many)
He thinks that school is boring.(Who)
The Volga flows into the Caspian Sea. (Where)
We drink coffee vey often. (Who)
My children usually skate on the skating ring in our yard. (Whose)
Ask the tag questions.
Kate drinks tea every morning.
We don’t play football every day.
He is not a pupil.
My sister gets up at 7 o’clock.
They leave home at 8.30 every morning.
My mother is busy on Sunday.
We don’t arrive home late.
The children always do homework.
They don’t read the newspapers every evening.
We often drink tea together.
She doesn’t have a new dress.
What are they doing?
She's the magazine.
They're to music.
He's a shower and a bath.
He's computer games.
Put the verbs into the simple past:
Last year I (go) to England on holiday.
It (be) fantastic.
I (visit) lots of interesting places. I (be) with two friends of mine .
In the mornings we (walk) in the streets of London.
In the evenings we (go) to pubs.
The weather (be) strangely fine.
It (not / rain) a lot.
But we (see) some beautiful rainbows.
Where (spend / you) your last holiday?
Write the past forms of the irregular verbs.
Complete the table in simple past.
He wrote a book.
He did not sing
Was she pretty?
Put the sentences into simple past.
We move to a new house. →
They bring a sandwich. →
He doesn't do the homework. →
They sell cars. →
Does he visit his friends? →
Write sentences in simple past.
Janet / miss / the bus →
she / tidy / her room →
Nancy / watch / not / television→
she / read / a book →
Choose "Was“ or "Were“:
The teacher nice.
The students very clever.
But one student in trouble.
We sorry for him.
He nice though.
Present Perfect Tense
They / play / football -
He / speak / English -
I / write / a poem -
We / not / wash / the car -
Nancy / not / meet / her friends-
They / finish / their homework -
She / visit / her friend-
The maid / clean / the house -
He / drive / the van -
You / ever / write / a poem -
I (not / work) today.
We (buy) a new car last week.
We (not / plan) our holiday yet.
She (not / see) her mother for a long time.
He (write) a beautiful poem yesterday.
I think the waiter (forget) us . We (wait) here for over half an hour and nobody (take) our order yet.
I think you're right. He (walk) by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already) .
Краткое описание документа:
Данная разработка включает в себя упражнения, направленные на формирование грамматических навыков по английскому языку у учащихся 5 классов. Упражненя разработаны с учетом нового госстандарта, возрастных особенностей учащихся, дифференцированного подхода к изучению английского языка. Упражнения носят разных характер: тесты множественного выбора, упражнения на исключение лишнего; подбор правильной конструкции утвердительных и воопросительных предложений и т.д. Упражнения носят коммуникативный характер, активно используется лексический материал, изучаемый в 5 классе.