Date: Lesson: 33
Grade: 9 A, B
1. Enrich vocabulary by the theme “travelling”, review grammar – gerund, train skills of reading, listening and speaking using theme.
2. Develop students’ skills of reading and speaking, listening, to form inside motivation to learn English and use the got knowledge in practice.
3. Bring up respect to foreign culture and each other working in groups, to increase the view on the world.
Types of the lesson: combined
SWAT: Student must discuss questions about the travelling, use gerund in daily speech.
Good morning, children. I`m glad to see you. How are you today?
– Who is absent?
– What`s the date today?
– What`s the weather like today?
1) Why do people travel?
2) Do you like to travel? And why?
3) What do people do when they travel?
4) What do you like to do when you travel?
5) How do people travel?
What sorts of things do you like doing on vacation?
Sightseeing and wandering around old cities
Going to the cafes and restaurants
Visiting museums, art galleries, tourist attractions
Lying in the sun and bathing in the sea or river
Meeting new people
Going to discos and night clubs
Taking pictures and videos
Answer the general questions, ask each other by the chain
Students should make the aim of the lesson using key words: relax, nature, adventures
Student answer the question and tell why they choose the answer
Notre Dame Cathedral
Pyramids at Giza
Give new words using pictures of presentation
Work with presentation
Make up word combinations
Make the sentences
Match the words
A – students make up sentences
B- students make word combinations
Students work in pair
New approach in education
Watch video about travelling
Review rule about adjectives
Learn suffixes of adjectives
FUL, - ABLE – OUS, ING
Name the adjectives
Learn suffixes and give the examples
Find the adjectives from the words
Check up each other
Leadership in education
Reading “Travelling check ”
Translate the words
Answer the questions
Read the text by pairs
Answer the questions
Translate the words by groups A,B
Make the analyze with
“I like … It was difficult with…”
Learn the words, write down 5 word combination with adjectives
Students make the analyze write opinion on the poster
Vetsel D, Bitenov A, Ryzhkova K, Malahova E, Kameneva K
Bodin A, Fazylhanov N, Nurlanov A
Group A: students make up sentences, work with task 3
Group B: students make word combinations, work with task 2