Level: 7 th grade
Theme: Unit 5.Travelling.Step 1.How do you get to school?
Learning words about transport. To develop students’ critical thinking, their abilities to work in groups, self assessment.
Parts of the lesson
Teacher’s action of management
Cognitive action of students
Visual aids, resources
1. Organization moment: greeting the students.
2.Divide the class into groups.
3. Checking up homework: asking active vocabulary.
Review the words using the method “Snowball”
- divide into two groups;
- tell the words that you remember, the next student repeats and continues.
Presentation of the lesson
Match the words with pictures.
-Listen and read the dialogue;
ІІІ part: Writing.
-Explain the method.
Exercise 5/ adverbs
- Divide the names of transport into public and private transport.
- Put the adverbs into the correct place in each sentence.
shake their bodies, …
Observe students’ actions.
- Talk to your partner.
- Complete the chart.
Method “10 questions”
One leaves to the board.
Other students glue the sheet on his/her head.
Puts summative assessment.
Evaluating by criteria of assessment. The leader student evaluates the group.
Give each other smiles and say their opinions.
Learning new words;
Reading the text.
-write in a diary.
internet, magazines, newspapers.
Reflection of the lesson
2 stars, an offer.
I like ……………
It seems ……………
During a lesson …………
My mood was ……………..
Methods of the lesson....................